CPU Usage... INSANE

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Nick Foster, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nick Foster

this isn't a bukkit thing ( i may be in the wrong place) i have many plugins... iv updated them all recently and i seem to use a lot of my CPU at all times.. seem to be maxing out... (no my specs aren't bad ass) but they have done the trick with 20 peeps on before... now i cant seem to have one player on without CPU spikes and extreme usage... you guys wanna tell me what im doing wrong?.. what info do i need to give you guys...

2. Offline

hammale

hmmm maybe try a performace boosting plugin like noLag?

3. Offline

Nick Foster

how does that work? would you like any info on my plugins?

4. Offline

darkmage0252

i thought nolagg increased cpu but lowered ram?

5. Offline

hammale

well i think they have a re-written chunk algorithm so i think it would help all around...theres always CB++ :D

6. Offline

Nick Foster

/me hopes you'll answer the question he asked

7. Offline

hammale

/me thinks he already did :D anywayz i guess u can show us ur plugins, and noLag is just a plugin, u install it like any other plugin :p

8. Offline

Nick Foster

Plugins:
    Code:
    MobRider, CraftBookMechanisms, BukkitCompat, SimpleSignEdit, IceBreakerBoats, Buycraft, Lava Forge, MyHome, TreeAssist, Command iConomy, LightVote, Vanish2, Permissions, OpenInv, InventorySave, ObviousRecipes, WurkIt, CraftBookCircuits, SaddleBack, mobchange, DyeWool, Minequery, WorldEdit, Towny, GlowstoneDrop, AutoSeeding, LogBlockQuestioner, LogBlock, AbsorbPlugin, TheMonkeyPack, mChatSuite, DefaultPermissions, iConomy, CraftBookVehicles, CraftBookCommon, CommandHelper, IllegalName, Turnstile, CraftBukkitUpToDate, LyTreeHelper, Lockette, DistantFarm, Lampstone, EverCart, PlayerFreeze, CommandBook, Reporter, dynmap, TownyChat, WorldGuard, dynmap-mobs, ChestShop

OK so I've installed nolag like you said.... any config recommendations?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  9. Offline

hammale

nah ive never actually used it, i used PerformaceTweaks awhile back @ default settings though and that seemed to help alot... :D

10. Offline

Nick Foster

did you have any thoughts about my plugins....

seems like that good old absorb plugin is throwing lots of errors... im goignt o try removing it and see if that helps at all..

so... no more errors but i still have a strang stress on my cpu...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

hammale

strange, do u have it w/ no plugins at all?

12. Offline

Nick Foster

i havent tried......

i just did.... seems to be fine now... but i NEED those plugins..

13. Offline

hammale

yeah just add them back one by one until you find the one thats doing it, then post back :D

14. Offline

Nick Foster

-_- you cant help me anymore then that?.... thats what im trying to avoid... im not here to learn how to troubleshoot im no retard.... i was hoping that you guys would know what the problem is....

15. Offline

Nick Foster

Attached Files:

16. Offline

Nick Foster

idling with all plugins installed is 98 % its none of my newly installed one such as world guard ( UPDATES)

17. Offline

Nick Foster

seems to be dynmap..... anyone wanna help me clean up my config i like my visual settings i like hd maps....

18. Offline

Tyler_Tsero

iAuction Is not starting

Buycraft is out of date

TheMonkeyPack is out of date

"2012-01-28 22:55:07 [WARNING] Could not properly handle event CHUNK_LOAD:" My server started saying this after NoLagg was added, although it only happens once in a while (lags out to a gray screen, and then users have to reconnect). Although it may not be Nolagg? I have no idea.

as for dynmap, I have NO experience with it. Need a dynmap pro :rolleyes:

19. Code:
    2012-01-28 22:54:13 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 21272 pending tile renders for world 'world
    This looks completly insane...

20. Offline

Nick Foster

it uses vault vault makes my server go nuts...
    oops i'll fix that....
    i'll remove nolag....
    could you take a gander at my config..?
    http://pastebin.com/Pyh51MVS

21. No I'm not the right person to do it. Sorry :/

22. Offline

Nick Foster

hink it might be this??? anyone agree?
    Code:
    render-triggers:
      - chunkloaded
    maybe if i disable that trigger (that's how it was by default) i'll get better performance

no worries

i removed that and i removed the pending render files... im going to go fly around then report back... see if my cpu load gets really high...... if i post a new paste of my start up log, would someone go thought it again and see if i missed anything?

status report... same issue after i log in... the tile renders build up... anymore ideas?

23. Offline

Nathan C

Yes, remove Dynmap! Or configure it, so it is not updating tiles, unless you run a fullrender.

I have a E3-1230 on my server and Dynmap brings the server to it's knees when doing renders.

Darky1126 likes this.
  24. Offline

Jade

Can I ask what we need to edit in the config for this to happen? :)

25. Offline

Nathan C

Well how do you update your Dynmap? By default, it updates based on what chunks players explore or if they break/place blocks.......is it configured like that?

If so, post your dynmap config on pastebin and I will edit or show you how.

Darky1126 likes this.
  26. Offline

Nick Foster

mine didn't used to do this.. or be this intensive.. i like it to be live.... fully updated at all times.. im a small server... my highest point was 22 peeps...

look up....

27. Offline

Jade

http://pastebin.com/JkWgcaeq -- Thanks :3

28. Offline

Nathan C

Use this config: http://pastebin.com/FNKyBs1v

You MIGHT have to remove and reinstall the plugin first, to clear your tiles queue first. Do this, by deleting the dynmap folder and dynmap.jar in your plugins folder. Then restart your server, then readd dynmap, past in the config I sent you and then restart again. Everything should not lag anymore, but you will have to update your map manually. If you run Linux or Windows, then just use a cronjob to update it every few hours or just update it whenever you are on and the server has not many people on, with /dynmap fullrender world

29. Offline

Nick Foster

ahhh wrong... just delete .pending files....

30. Offline

Nathan C

Well, I could change the config so it autoupdates.

Although I do not recommend it. Even my server, which is pretty darn powerful chokes with map updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.