CPU 100%

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Pixiio, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pixiio

Hey guys,

We've got a problem since a couple of weeks and that is that the CPU is very high! It keeps being at 100%. We've tryed to disable all plugins and slowly add them.. didn't help..

Could this be a corrupt chunk?
    Could this be a plugin?
    Could this be the host? (FragNet)

Picture;

[​IMG]

2. Offline

JWhy

You have almost 80 players around there, is your processor capacity fast enough for that?

3. Offline

Pixiio

Quote from my host

''As I already mentioned, you are being hosted on basically one of the fastest server grade processors available. We use E3-1270v2 CPU's which are 3.5Ghz w/ 3.9Ghz Turbo-Boost. There are better E3 processors, however they only provide an additional .1-.2Ghz for almost twice the cost. That extra clock speed would only permit you maybe 4-8 extra players at most, why we do not bother with anything more than the E3-1270v2.''

[​IMG]
    With only 6 players..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  4. Offline

XanderCrews01

Can you post a list of plugins?

5. Offline

LaxWasHere

What CP is that. Looks sexy

6. Offline

JWhy

McMyAdmin 2, it has 50% off till 31st jan.

7. Offline

MysteryManX

What?!

MINE!

JWhy likes this.
  8. Offline

Lolmewn

Do I automatically have that when I already have purchased MCMA 1? I guess I would :p

9. Offline

tyzoid

Sounds like a disk i/o problem.

Do you have something like nolagg installed? While I haven't gotten it to work very well, it has certain features that help reduce disk i/o lag.

10. Offline

Pixiio

[​IMG]

How can we fix that? Is it a host problem?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

JWhy

Yep

12. Offline

Pixiio

Anyone?

13. Offline

JWhy

What happens if you disable all your plugins?
    (except of everything being griefed)

14. Offline

Pixiio

We tryed that a while ago, it was still high.

15. Offline

Pixiio

16. Offline

LaxWasHere

Just bought 2 for the lulz

JWhy likes this.
  17. Offline

ZachBora

Pixiio Try a temp map and see if the issue still present.

18. Offline

ghost0001

Sounds like a few things. First off, try a chunk fixer. Back up your map of course, and then try to "fix" it. Like ZachBora said, you can also try temporary map and see if your CPU usage is still high at 70ish users. A few things I ran into were bad World Edit commands, mob spawners, and mob farms. One admin on my server accidentally clicked a GIANT cube-oid and changed all blocks to ladders. This caused major lag in those chunks when they were loaded. The other two are pretty self explanatory. Someone built a mob spawner or farmer and is using it. There is a plugin out there that can repair or identify the problem chunk and help you fix it. Check out VoidChunk here.

19. Offline

Pixiio

Some weird things.

1. CPU goes low when we teleport everbody to 1 point.

2. Sometimes the cpu just DROPS and everbody freezes. After that the server will crash or will keep it up like here.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.