Could use some help with plugins

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by 0ct0berBkkitPlgins, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've got a lot of plugins to work on, and could use some help with making them... some of them are just game fixes or improvements, some of them ones that Mojang could/should have done in 1.9. Whether or not (in general) you're good at it, it can still be quite tedious or hard to grapple all together. I was planning on doing this all myself, but you know, sometimes you think of a lot of good ideas in too short a period of time. I'm also planning on adding these plugins on a new server I'm making, which is about good survival that you can't cheat on.

Note: I'm asking for help making these plugins, not for you to make them all on your own.

I've got 5 to 10 plugins to work on on my list at the moment, and there are three I could best use help with. Underlined = could use most help with, not-underlined = small, will probably just work on it myself.

• XRayHider
    • OpaquePlayerHider
    • UnusualFilter
    • GrinderNerf
    • Three Colors/Teams/Ways
    • ReducedGrief
    • Advanced Experience
    • Dustbowl
    • Craft The Rules
    • SDAxes/Better Combat
    For the plugins I'd really like help with, I will list their description here. The other ones I am not requesting help with, although you can ask more about it if you are interested (and I may let you help with it). They're in part to show the stuff I've got to complete :eek:

Features of the three:
    XRayHider (open)

• Hide ores without packet manipulation or ProtocolLib
    • Optionally hide blocks once per chunk load, and never again (reveal each when the block is revealed)
    • Otherwise cleanup and un-hide all hidden blocks before the chunk is unloaded
    • Save hidden block data in data.yml (partially in case blocks aren't un-hidden and the server crashes)
    • Fully hide dungeons (including air and chests) as stone, and hide mineshaft spawners and abundance of webs right near them as air until walked close by or revealed
    • Optionally automatically hide chests when fully sealed in opaque blocks as the last block placed
    • Optionally, by command or automatically, hide underground bases (either detected area or marked corners by player)

UnusualFilter (open)

This plugin will most likely be built in phases, with the most essential and straightforward features first, and the least needed features last. I don't at all expect this plugin to be released with all of these features all at once anymore. The purpose is to filter all sorts of bad messages, including unusual ones that may bypass some filters.
    • Block complete words in an efficient manner
    • Filtered messages visible to the sender, except invisible to everyone else
    • Optionally, blocked words that are common swears will not be sent at all, and possibly the swearer will be informed to please not swear here
    • Block certain phrases or incomplete words (words that don't necessarily start or end with a space), which may also include in the default config many combinations of words in an inappropriate context
    • Exceptions for phrase/incomplete-word filter
    • Pre-character phrase filter checking for inappropriate character formations
    • Character filter that will remove characters that are above a certain value (greater than î, for example), and potentially (this could also be done in the phrase filter automatically or with wildcards) replace 0 with o, 3 with e, _ with a space, and run those sorts of messages again through the filters
    • Prevent vertical message spam and bypassing through typing incomplete messages that add up to be an inappropriate word or phrase
    • Prevent a player from typing half of a swear word, and then the other player typing the other half
    • (Configurable) prevent IP-address advertisement, and ideally server domain advertisement (example: joinmyserver.com)
    • Prevent certain messages from being typed/displayed right after being filtered (example: "was that message filtered?", "chat filter sucks")
    • Check for special caps cases (example: "heyS dudeW howE wutA hiR" (swear))
    • Additionally work for signs, books, some commands, and repaired/renamed items

GrinderNerf (open)

• Set a cap for how many monsters a spawner may spawn before it disappears
    • (Configurable) Reduce or fully prevent darkroom grinder spawns
    • Prevent enderman grinders in the end, and pigman grinders in the nether and from portals
    • Reduce the chances of monsters spawning near already existing monsters, especially once it starts to become cramped, in for example a darkroom
    • Possibly reduce the chance of monsters spawning near trap blocks (tripwire, trapdoors, pistons, pressure plates, flowing water)
    • Reduce the chance of monsters spawning at large heights (if you are far away from the ground, anything except on your sky island will despawn, allowing for you to very easily get spawns there)
    • Add a cap for how many monsters may be spawned due to spawners or darkroom/end/nether grinders, so that they don't prevent monsters from spawning in the rest of the world

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.