Problem/Bug CoreProtect / BanManager [MySQL Problem]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Ambamore2000, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ambamore2000

Ok, so, I am having this really big problem, I am really pissed off in a way, as I've wasted almost an entire day to finally give up and ask others. Alright, I'll get straight to the problem. With coreprotect/banmanager (or any other mysql dependent plugins), I am getting this error message:
    Code:
    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database 'bukkit'
    Thing is, when I execute a command in mysql, it says it exists.
    "SELECT CONCAT(QUOTE(user),'@',QUOTE(host)) UserAccount FROM mysql.user;" is the command, and it prints:

Code:
    +--------------------------------+
    | UserAccount                    |
    | 'bukkit'@'127.0.0.1'           |
    | 'root'@'127.0.0.1'             |
    | 'root'@'::1'                   |
    | 'bukkit'@'localhost'           |
    | 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' |
    | 'root'@'localhost'             |
    | 'root'@'vps'                   |

Please do not link me to threads, or make jokes here. I've been googling, and was trying to solve this myself for 5-6 hours.

NOTES:
    - This is being run on a VPS; Ubuntu 14.04 x86
    - The server is being hosted localhost the mysql. (Both hosted on the vps)

2. Offline

JOSHSLAYDE

My company used to use MySQL paired with Ubuntu and it had some issues. I would suggest using CentOS paired with MySQL, it offers a better performance.

As per the unknown database, do you have a database called 'bukkit' created?

On to your issue, we recieve this print sometimes. It usually helps if you uninstall mySQL and reinstall it. Sometimes, repositories don't correctly install on Ubuntu.

Let me know if you that doesn't help and I will gladly assist from there!

3. Offline

Ambamore2000

Well, I have reinstalled it tons of times already.

4. Offline

cyber01

At your request issued a list of users, rather than a database. Try to use the "SHOW DATABASES;" (without quotes) If he shows that the database `bukkit` exists, log in under the user bukkit and check whether it is available database `bukkit`

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.