Filled Cookie Clicker Plugin- Based on Sethbling's Minigame

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by The Gaming Grunts, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Hey everyone! I was wondering if someone would be willing to make a plugin version of Sethbling's Cookie Clicker that he featured in this video. I think this could have the potential to be a fun and awesome mini-game to have on a server. Thanks in advance :_

2. Offline

HepoSys

I was just thinking of his. It would be pretty easy since sethbling did it using command blocks.

3. Yeah it would be pretty cool :)

4. Offline

MayoDwarf

Why not code it yourself?

DarkRiddles likes this.
  5. If I could I would :p There's a reason why I made a post for this :)

6. Offline

bloodless2010

The only thing I could thing would be hard is using the original math for the cookies per second, otherwise, I'd make this.

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

You don't need to use the exact math, you could always make a config with the value's, if the use don't likes the current speed, then he can change it himself

8. Offline

bloodless2010

timtower That's true I guess, if I can work out a base amount of CpS for each one, I could make a decent one, probably will take a few updates to get them prices of stuff increasing right, do you think orteil would be fine with me doing this?

9. Offline

I don't think that they mind, sethbling also made it already

10. Offline

bloodless2010

timtower sethbling made a map with commandblocks, I plan on making the plugin ;)

11. Offline

Makes no difference for me :p

12. bloodless2010
    Just wondering if you're working on it or not, so others know whether or not to work on this if they stumble upon this thread.

autoit4you likes this.
  13. Offline

bloodless2010

The Gaming Grunts Well I don't really have time or it ATM, sorry, but I'm sure someone is out there who is willing to do this.

14. Offline

L33m4n123

Will work on it.

Edit: What I got so far

You can click a button to get cookies.
    You can buy stuff (via commands for now) and this will give you more Cookies per Seconds.
    Stats are saved until server restarts.
    You can toggle if you want to play the game or not.

What I still need to implement:

Thinking about a good formular to raise the price of something the more you got. Math.exp() grows a BIT too fast.. lol

Adding config file support so you can edit prices and so on

thinking about a way to store stats over restarts /reloads

15. Awesome thanks :)

16. Offline

L33m4n123

So. Need to finish the way it stores and reads your stats. And then I will be good to go for Version 1.0 I think^^

17. Great!
    *virtual high five*

18. Offline

L33m4n123

19. Offline

jstuie

You could try using a YML file to store the data, or MySQL

20. Offline

AndyMcB1

I'd go XML, personally. This wouldn't really need SQL integration.