Conversion

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by sfxworks, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sfxworks

http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/view/00812_1.2.2-R0.1/
    Doing good so far.

I just want to make sure you guys will be able to override "map conversion" well. I made this HUGE map with world painter and it said it would support 1.2 (have the height limit at around 2k) and all the world data is there.

I ran it through the default converter and it didn't pick it up properly. It "converted" it but it ended up with only 256 of my world. (I know its not finished yet!!!!!)
    Now I don't know what happened to the Inception plugin but I'm hoping this will work. Just giving you the heads up for all the people who used WorldPainter to prepare for all of this!

PS: You guys have been doing a great job with maintaining bukkit and im glad you've all made it so far. Keep up the good work!

Tagging devs (since this letter is to you all).....don't be mad!
    EvilSeph
    Dinnerbone
    Cogito
    Grum
    lukegb
    Tahg

2. Offline

Sleaker

MC 1.2 only supports 256 height limit, not unlimited... Not sure what you were hoping for or why worldpainter was saying it supported 2k.

3. Offline

sfxworks

Its....2048 or some number like that. Also said Spout and Height Mod handled that too.

4. Offline

Sleaker

it's 256. as per MC patchnotes... Height mod may adjust it higher, but these are not compatible with bukkit necessarily.

5. Offline

sfxworks

Well in 1.0 I had minecraft modded with X height (largest tested was around 18k)
    I don't see why bukkit or spout can't do this. I mean everything is ultimately mod able.......and I don't have the power to make my mods mainstream so might as well help out the larger source.

6. Offline

Sleaker

Again.. They don't support it without modifying the same way you would modify MC to do it. Basically they don't do it out of the box. Also I have no clue why you're bringing spout into this as it's either the plugin or a separate piece of software and most likely has nothing to do with this.

SpoutServer is unrelated to Bukkit (completed seperate software) and supports very large heights but is currently not finished.

7. Offline

sfxworks

OH COME ON I GAVE THEM 8 MONTHS

WorldPaint requi-
    Let me just...here ya go

[​IMG]

8. Offline

ehsan

In your server.properties, there is a option to set world hight. Try setting that at 2024, but like stated above, mc 1.2 only increased the build hight to 256

9. Offline

sfxworks

I don't see it. Did they make it render with #2006?
    Edit: Yep.

.............................can I set it beyond 2024?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  10. Offline

TnT

Moved to appropriate forum.

sfxworks likes this.
  11. Offline

SkyJohn

Doesn't seem to matter, you can't build above 256 whatever you set it at.

12. Offline

sfxworks

capta = They Ate It
    [​IMG]

This is why I hate java.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  13. Offline

Captain Chaos

What a strange remark. That limit has NOTHING to do with Java...

Minecraft 1.2 only supports world heights of 256, just like Minecraft 1.1 only supports world heights of 128. Sure there are mods for Minecraft 1.1 which extend the maximum world height, but those mods don't exist yet for Minecraft 1.2 (as far as I'm aware). Until they do, you can only have 256 high worlds in Minecraft 1.2.

There is nothing WorldPainter can do about that. WorldPainter never says that it supports 2048 block high worlds for Minecraft 1.2. I admit the text on the New World screen seems to imply it, but that is just because it doesn't distinguish between various non-standard world heights, it always displays the same warning.

What should have rung a bell for you is that on the Export screen you could not select the Minecraft 1.2 map format when you were trying to export your 2048 high world. That was WorldPainter's way of telling you 2048 height is not supported for Minecraft 1.2. You should have known that exporting it anyway and then trying to convert it would not work.

When and if the major height mods are updated for Minecraft 1.2, WorldPainter will be updated to support them. Until then your only choice for Minecraft 1.2 world height is 256 blocks. There is nothing Java or WorldPainter can do about that.

14. Offline

sfxworks

Jesus chill I meant bad java developers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.