Conversation API Question

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheDummy, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheDummy

I have this suspicion that the Conversations API is asynchronous. Is this a correct suspicious?

I have spent the last week and a half bashing my head against the wall because a teleport prompt mixed with packet sends would sometimes work as intended and sometimes not. I (by a miracle of some higher power) thought "maybe Conversations isn't synchronous as I'm assuming it is."

I tried looking it up and I can't find anything that says "Yes. Conversations API is asynchronous." I stumbled on AsyncChatEvent and I thought that if Conversations uses that, then it would surely be asynchronous.

Is the Conversations API asynchronous?

If an administrator of this site sees this and can confirm it is asynchronous, can they please for the sake for developers write "Conversation API is Asyncronous" on the Bukkit JD/DoxyGen/Bukkit forum sticky?

2. Offline

amhokies

TheDummy
    You can try Thread.currentThread().getName() to see what thread it's being run on.

3. Offline

xTrollxDudex

TheDummy
    What do you mean by Conversations API?

4. Offline

Garris0n

5. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Garris0n
    Hmm, in that case, I don't believe at all it is async...

Garris0n likes this.
  6. Offline

TheDummy

Garris0n
    I assumed that in the beginning. However, I've been trying to add in more functionality than just the simple text based interaction and some things don't line up right. That's the only reason I started thinking that maybe it wasn't a sync API.

amhokies Should that be in a method like "acceptInput()"? I will try it later today or tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.