Contest control plugin IDEA

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by RustyDagger, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Offline

RustyDagger

So the other night I had an idea for a contest control plugin.

Key things:

each Competition is 1 .YML file you start the comp by /start filename.

Each file contains:

1. list of minecraft user names that are in the Competition.
    2. A time limit for the Comp in minutes.
    3. a start command that is ran via the console with a way to insert the name into the command like <<name>>
    3. end console command used when /stop is used or the time runs out. also needs the name thing like the start.

Commands to make all this work would be some thing like.

/start <filename> (time ) the time is not required but if used overrides the files setting.
    /stop stops the current competition.
    /pause would run the stop command then the start command.

Reasons why i would want some thing like this. was recently mentioned in 1 of docm77's videos that my server may soon be holding some events (build off type things) this would help me out a ton. with managing the contestants. No before you ask I can't promise any thing in return. maybe a rank on my server but I assume most dev's have their own server.. so...

2. Offline

TopGear93

i have a few ideas in mind. when i get home later on from school ill work on a baseline plugin for starters.

3. Offline

RustyDagger

Cool beans :D

4. Offline

TopGear93

5. Offline

RustyDagger

Not really going to do the job I need to change permission nodes when it starts to allow the users of the comp to build on the map when the comp is over they cant build any more because their group dose not allow it. all the permission node changes can be done via a console command that i know plugins can put into console. making it so the start and stop strings can be configured will mean flexibility for any 1 else that wants to use it (as well as make it so i can change permissions plugins as i see fit.)