Console consult

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by Dinnerbone, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Phaedrus

Love it! I was just lamenting the state of the console the other day and contemplated using a GUI, but now, screw that!

2. Offline

Toasty

This is just.....it brings a tear to my eye. I can't believe this day has come. :'D

3. Offline

drdanick

@RchGrav I will be attempting to support this correctly in the coming days. As for now, the telnet interface *should* remain unaffected, but I have not tested anything.

4. Offline

RchGrav

Excellent... I know this question doesn't directly relate to your wrapper.. but I'm just looking for an opinion... based upon what Dinnerbone has changed in the console.. do you think it still be possible to inject commands over screens, pipes and ip connections? (I have a few things going on which multiplex my console / scripts) I don't know enough about what he actually changed, but I assume its using some kind of VT100 emulation or something similar that could move the cursor around within the screen.

I really hope he decides to allow a classic mode also, just in case... as the simplest changes.. even leaving in a tab, or control character can break all kinda of automation, as you are also aware. I hope he chimes in on this.

Rich

5. Offline

PhonicUK

So how do we turn this feature off? I'd hate to tell 1700 server admins they can't use Bukkit because of a purely cosmetic feature that can't be disabled.

6. Offline

deltr

^^

(notices dead MCMA sigs) =[

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  7. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

I'm not sure what to suggest. This shouldn't have changed any input scripts, unless they were doing some voodoo line reading and hardcoded to the old console. I've just tested with my own and they work fine.

What part of this console is preventing them from using it?

8. Offline

deltr

Don't know if this can help:
    [​IMG]
    @CB450, MCMA 0.8.5.3 Professional

9. Offline

PhonicUK

Not having the date in the console output will break things. The split indexes are no longer valid because they are different from the standard server.

Wrappers rely on consistency of the console output, changing it unexpectedly causes issues.

Just spoke with lukegb, he's going to add an option to let us specify the date/time format that is printed to the console to resolve the issue.

10. Offline

I'm just curious but wouldn't it (whatever you're using to parse the console) function better if you tailed the server.log? Every output to the console goes there, and that includes the date.

But thank you, that's exactly the feedback I need; how to fix it, as opposed to reverting everything. I'm on it now.

11. Offline

PhonicUK

MCMA works by directly reading the stdout/stderr of the Java process. It's much faster than trying to constantly read the log (and much better design too)

lukegb's solution should be fine, and will be easier for me to implement.

Thanks for the quick solution guys :)

12. Offline

Use -d in the command line arguments.

13. Offline

minecraftworlds

Thank you! I am installing plugins on my new server (switching hosts old one couldn't handle our traffic) and will get this, this afternoon. Sounds good with what I've heard. And finally, I will get to play on my own server. hopefully...

14. Offline

WMisiedjan

My console is stuck at the '>' thing.

It just doesn't boot up..

15. Offline

Jandalf

maybe i'm fool but i dont get this to work. CB451 Win7x64 with the standart console. i start CB with this .bat:
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause
    but i only get a black cmd window without any infos, but i could stop it with "stop". what am i doing wrong?

16. Offline

OS?
    What happens if you try to type?
    What version?
    Details details!

What happens if you type anything else? Does your text show in there? Type "version" and hit enter, what happens?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  17. Offline

Jandalf

i could type and the text is shown, but version doesnt show anything

18. Offline

lysandergray

I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I'm using #451, have '>' cursor, can see what I type, commands seem to work, but I can't see anything else! There's no output, not even chat from in game.

edit: just saw fix announced on twitter, disregard.

19. Offline

WMisiedjan

Windows 7 Ultimate
    If I typ for example help or exit it just outputs a other line with the '>' thing.

Version: Jenkis Craftbukkit - 451

@lysandergray:
    I have the EXACT same thing. Apparently everything works exept console output. I can login in the server..

20. Offline

Jandalf

ok fix is there, text is there, but why havent i the new features?

21. Offline

Empty console (aside from '>') is fixed.

Exactly what new features are you missing? What version? What OS?

22. Offline

Jandalf

argh im a fool, got all features, only colors missing, but im an win7:( nice work man:)

23. Offline

Hugo mass

The '>' is fixed for me but my plugins don't load and anthing has changed. So maybe i don't get it running properly.

W7 32 bits
    build 470

24. Offline

What plugins

25. Offline

Hugo mass

I think its for all the plugins. Permission is not working,

26. Offline

In which case go see if there's an update to Permissions and then check the thread for support.

27. Offline

Hugo mass

With all plugins

[SEVERE] Could not load plugins\Permissions.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:30)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:72)
    ... 8 more

And the server works.

28. Offline

ysabell

I have the same problem with permissions and with essentials, the server works but the plugins aren't loaded. I updated both plugings and the problem persists.

29. Offline

That just tells me it's permissions.

30. Offline

Hugo mass

Same error with all plugins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.