Console Chat Event?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Baba43, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Baba43

Hey,

is it possible to detect console chat events?

We are using McMyAdmin and I want to change the appearance of messages that are sent by the console.

2. Offline

Ivan

I'm not too sure about this. If the console uses the default minecraft chat-protocol, then yes. If McMyAdmin uses a compat plugin for this, then you'll have to dig a bit deeper.

3. Offline

kreashenz

Ivan MCMyAdmin does use a compat plugin, it's called MCMA_compat.jar, I was recently editing it to make it run from different methods and stuff.

4. Offline

Ivan

Any clue if it contains a chat method?

5. Offline

Trevor1134

if(!sender instanceof player){ ??
    This runs it so it checks if the sender ISNT a player, and then you can take the message, save it, and re-do the format of which it is seen.

6. Offline

artish1

Theres an Event where it detects if the console has sent a command, the console cannot send messages, but u can check if it does a command to send a message, something like : say "Blah"
    The event is called ServerCommandEvent
    You can actually check if it did this command and then make it do another command, something like if it does "ping" from essentials, u can instead make it do another command INSTEAD of that, like ban artish1 or something. So everytime you type in ping it will just do the ban artish1 command instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.