Consequently breaking a block, by breaking another

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by nuno1212sss, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nuno1212sss

Hey,
    I'm creating a SkyWars plugin that resets the arena after a game, and because I want more than 1 arenas per world I can't delete and paste the world again. So I check the events and then I add it to an ArrayList of block states bla bla bla...
    My question is, when a player breaks a block that is associated with another, like breaking the block behind stairs, what event is called for the stairs breaking?

Thanks allot!

2. Offline

nuclearmissile

I don't know the exact answer to what you said, but I have a thought for you.

You can do a simple copy-paste between two points every round to completely reset the map. If the arenas are quite large, you can break it into multiple operations with a scheduler to slow things down and keep your server from bogging down. Honestly I think the delete&paste option is the best one, just in segments, not the whole world.

3. Offline

nuno1212sss

@nuclearmissile Well, like I said, it will be running different many arenas on the same server, and some of them are really big, the most efficient way to reset such large amount of space(without delete&paste) is indeed the one I'm trying but if I can't perform that, oh well, guess I have to come up with something .. :s

4. Offline

mythbusterma

@nuno1212sss

Erm, stairs aren't associated with the block they're on...but I believe the event you're looking for is "BlockMultibreakEvent" or something of that nature.

5. Offline

nuno1212sss

@mythbusterma If you place stairs on a stone block and then break it, they fall down, just like pressure plates, trapdoors etc... xD

6. Offline

mythbusterma

7. Offline

WarmakerT

He means ladders.

nuclearmissile and Rocoty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.