Connection lost

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by gotgot1995, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gotgot1995

Hello again,
    I've installed the version 1.8.1 of craftbukkit (with interface).
    I've tried to run the server but when I tried to connect to the server with minecraft it does that :
    I'm really tired of seeing that error ! I've tried everything in my last post...
    I need to know if there is an error while the server is lunching.
    Say me if there are some errors :
    Configuration :
    O.S: Windows XP SP3 x86
    Java version : 6.0.290.11
    I run with Hamachi
    Craftbukkit version : 1.8.1
    Minecraft Version :1.8.1

2. Offline

Rwembee

Are you playing off of the same machine? If so, use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" to connect. Many home routers will not redirect properly if you are using your external IP, if inside the same local network on a different machine, use its local IP.

Are you running a 1.9pre version of MC?

3. Offline

gotgot1995

yes yes.... I've also used "localhost"...
    Please, give me answers !

I'm ont running the 1.9MC

4. Offline

Rwembee

I didn't see you posted you were using hamachi. Make sure your server-ip in server.properties is blank
    Try getting a clean/fresh client, make sure CB is up to version 1337.
    Delete your server.log, run the server, then post it.

5. Offline

gotgot1995

I've forgotten to tell you that It's written on the MC client:

6. Offline

saul100

That just means your permissions.yml is empty, so it defaults to OP.

7. Offline

gotgot1995

ok ok... but what can I do to connect to my server (in local network).
    Why I have a "BAD" login ?

8. Offline

saul100

Bad login is just a bug in mine craft.net, nothing server-side, as far as I know, just retry, or redownload your bin folder (delete and relaunch mine craft)

Be sure to back up your .bin folder first

9. Offline

gotgot1995

It works now but I had to unselect the permission plugin and others plugin !

No... It don't really work.
    What should I do if I want peoples to connect on my server by typing an IP adress in minecraft ?
    When I check the checkbox (in the settings) "Online mode" it doesn't work in local (it's normal ?)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  10. Offline

Rwembee

You have to port forward your router, aiming it at the internal IP your server is running on.
    Then give others the external IP of your router.

11. Offline

gotgot1995

My Pc (desktop) is connected to the internet by Wi-Fi to a router (Trendnet), and the router is connected (by cable) to a modem which give internet.
    Do I need to add an open port or something like this in my modem (by typing 192.168.1.1 in the adress bar), or in my router ?

12. Offline

Rwembee

Hrm, 192.168.1.1 should lead to your router, where you can change the settings, unless your modem is acting as the router/gateway... and the wifi as a switch/hub.

13. Offline

gotgot1995

hmm... I don't really know but. I can show you the screen of my 192.168.1.1 (modem).
    [​IMG]

when I go in NAT/PAT I have this (does it look like what you wanted to mean ?)
    [​IMG]
    I can translate you the table :
    P.S: yes... I'm french ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

BCTsurvival

i had this to...
    i fixed it but i dont know how

15. Offline

gotgot1995

LOL ! Now it works, but you don't remember how you did it ? Shame !

16. Offline

BCTsurvival

i only remember that i wasted 4 hours on it and i just had to chance one thing...
    but i still dont know what xD
    if i remember what it was i tell you

17. Offline

gotgot1995

Thank you very much !

18. Offline

Rwembee

I thought you were using hamachi, if you are you don't need to port forward, just give them the external IP of your router.

If not: You need to put the minecraft port in there, 25565, 25565, tcp, your server's IP. do the same again but change tcp to udp so you'll have two entries.

It would be best if you could manually set your IP on the computer so it wont change. Else you may have to go in and change where that port forwarding is pointing to, so it goes to the new IP.

For the bad login error, I'm pretty sure it's caused by minecraft.net not allowing logins, or the server can't connect to them to verify your account is logged in.

19. Offline

BCTsurvival

I thi k i know it
    Not sure
    I had a wrong ip adress in my properties

20. Offline

gotgot1995

I can give you my hamachi server : "pyro_minecraft" (no password needed).
    See you !

Which plugin do I need for not allowing players to delete some blocks ?
    Which plugin do I need for banning the opening of a chest ?

21. Offline

shadrxninga

1. WorldGuard
    2. LWC or Lockette

Have you fixed your the problem with the connections? It looks like you have if your starting to look into getting plugins :p

22. Offline

gotgot1995

Exactly ! Thanks, I'll try !

I've tried to use LWC, but when I type /cprivate, it says "Acces denied !".
    What do I do ?

23. Offline

shadrxninga

You need to setup the correct permissions for it. You should add the permission lwc.protect to all the people on the server that you want to use lwc, and lwc.admin to all your admins.

24. Offline

gotgot1995

another question ;)
    Which plugin do I need for asking players a password before playing ?

25. Offline

shadrxninga

26. Offline

gotgot1995

Which plugin do I need for setting the point where the players will spawn ?

27. Offline

shadrxninga

Sorry if that wasn't clear, those plugins above will allow you to set where players spawn with a command like /setspawn

28. Offline

gotgot1995

Yeah. Thank you ! but for asking player...
    Is it cmdBook too ?
    P.S: My server is running on my own computer. I'm using Hamachi for sharing it. Actually It's really slow ! Every players got a bad connexion with bugs. What can I do for making the connexion better (without paying or giving money ;) )

29. Offline

shadrxninga

AuthDB or AuthMe for /register.

Not much i'm afraid. How good the connection is mostly depends on the specs of your server and the connection speed, those things usually require money to improve. Also, Port-Forwarding would be better than running from Hamachi.

30. Offline

gotgot1995

I have some errors that I haven't paid attention to them !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.