Connection being aborted by software on host machine.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by FinalFunction, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FinalFunction

I recently decided I wanted to make a Minecraft server, so I went through the whole Hamachi thing first and well, it sucked, so I switched to the port forwarding method. It was much simpler, and my friends could join much easier. Then, I decided to make it a bukkit server which really wasn't that hard. It seemed to be working fine for me, until I tested trying to join it from my laptop. I keep getting an error that says "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software on your host machine". My first thought was, "this must be a firewall or security system issue", and a few google searches supported my theory. The thing is, I thought I had already allowed the Minecraft server to go through my port 25565. I assumed then that Bukkit must be using a different program or something that I have not allowed through my firewall.

What I need answered is this:
    - Am I correct about my security system blocking my connection
    - What program/files/.exe would I need to add to my firewall to allow my connection to be established.

And here are my specs:
    - No wrappers
    - Craftbukkit ​
    1.7.9-R0.2 beta

-I use run.bat to run the server
    -I'm running the Essentials, as well as Bookrules and Stickylocks
    -I told you the error message I get (when I try to join from my laptop) in the paragraph above.

I'll keep working, if you can help please do! Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.