Computer Crashing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by PsPmax55, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PsPmax55

Hi, I have been running a Bukkit server for about a month now, and its been great. But recently I have had a problem, when ever I start the server, It runs for maybe 10 minutes, Then my entire computer freezes. I have to do a hard shutdown to fix it. I do not know what the problem is. And it is REALLY annoying me. I appreciate anyone's help! Thank you!

Im about ready to [tnt] my computer. 0_o

2. Offline

DerpDetonator

Your server has probably run out of memory, to fix this, all you need to do is move all your files out of your server file, except for craftbukkit.jar and run.bat, or whatever starts your server. Then make a new server starter with more memory in the coding, start it, stop it, delete all files except craftbukkit.jar and your server starter, move all your previous files back in, and start your server.
    Of course, it could also be your plugins not cooperating with each other.

PsPmax55 likes this.
  3. Offline

PsPmax55

Ok, what is the code to add more memory! Thanks for the reply! :D

Oh and here are the plug-ins im using. Herochat, heroicdeath, magic carpet, world edit, world gaurd, logblock, simple save, essentials, super pickaxe, LWC, iConomy, Sign Colors, Simple Tips, and vanish. anything that can be conflicting?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

DerpDetonator

There should be a number right before a g in the original server-starting code you put in to start your server, just change that number to make it bigger. As for your plugins, I think vanish is actually too old for the server, but that's the only one I think there could be a problem to.

5. Offline

PsPmax55

I do not see a "g". But this is waht i have in the start server.bat
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -server -Xmx1024M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    pause

6. Offline

DerpDetonator

You need to change the numbers before the M (1024) to a bigger number. Those numbers mean your server can hold on gigabyte of RAM, which is why i told you to look for a g, because in my code it's one g for on gigabyte.

7. Offline

PsPmax55

Ok well i increased the RAM, then I ran into this problem.
    [​IMG]

8. Offline

DerpDetonator

Ok, maybe you need to go back to your old server starter, and take out the vanish plugin.

9. Offline

PsPmax55

Well I did uninstall all of my java, I was having problems. What java do I need to run the server?

10. Offline

DerpDetonator

Java 6 is what you need

11. Offline

PsPmax55

Ok its working :D I think I got it! Thank you for your help :) [sheep]

12. Offline

ichingpow

I recommend you get Java 1.7 ;)

13. Offline

PsPmax55

14. Offline

ichingpow

Yes, that "thingy". Make sure you uninstall all previous version of Java ;)

15. Offline

PsPmax55

Ok Thanks :D

16. Offline

DerpDetonator

Isn't java 1.7 in beta?

17. Offline

1lann

Isn't minecraft in beta?

(btw I believe he meant 7)

18. Offline

PsPmax55

ok nevermined, its back. As soon as someone joined my computer crashed. Any other ideas?

19. Offline

DerpDetonator

But minecraft beta was released to millions to buy, I was wondering about the possibility of getting java 7

Are you still using java 6?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

20. Offline

PsPmax55

no 7

21. Offline

DerpDetonator

You should go back to 6 and it should work, 7 might not be compatible with minecraft or bukkit. And you should delete the comment i'm quoting and, and edit the one you posted a few minutes ago before you get an infraction.

22. Offline

PsPmax55

Ok Il try that now.

23. Offline

DerpDetonator

Tell me if it worked, hope it does.

24. Offline

PsPmax55

Nope, nothing. Someone join, then two minutes later my computer crashed. :(

25. Offline

DerpDetonator

What computer do you use?

26. Offline

PsPmax55

Like the specs, or the brand?

27. Offline

DerpDetonator

Just the computer itself, want to know if its able to hold the amount if information needed. Some computers are able to run servers for a while, but then just kind've stop after time.

28. Offline

PsPmax55

Well its a gateway DX 4300-05. It has a AMD 2.7 GHz Athlon Dual Core Processor, 6 Gb DDR2 RAM. With windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Is that the info you want?

29. Offline

DerpDetonator

Yes, and your computer should be able to deal with a server fine, so I don't know how to help solve your problem at all anymore, sorry :(
    If you don't solve your problem, you should have everyone on your server help pay for one to be set up.

30. Offline

PsPmax55

Its ok, Thank you for your help though! I really appreciate it! :D

Anyone else have any Ideas? Bump? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.