[COMPLETED] Custom NPC Skins. By: Crash

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by 25CentStudios, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Safetybrick

nope, was still testing and waiting for the site where the dev builds were to come back online. i changed from 1.1.2 to Dev-268 of citizens and it seems to allow it to load now. im going to add some skins and see how it turns out.

2. Offline

undeadmach1ne

cool let me know how it goes. for the record im using 112 still and its fine. i am almost positive that the problem is in the configs you guys are using. if you and @f1337_m4573r could put up your yml somewhere for me to look at/test (whole file not pasted contents) that would be great.

3. Offline

Safetybrick

citizens yml? if so which one.

4. Offline

undeadmach1ne

no your npcskin config.yml...actually it might be a good idea to zip up your npc-profiles.yml (and mobs.yml if you are trying to skin the creature npcs too) from citizens too, and throw them on dropbox or mediafire or something...with those i should be able to test your exact setups on my side and see whats wrong. if you dont want to publicly post your configs then privately msg them to me (by clicking my picture and hitting 'start a conversation')

ok i just did a test and reproduced the error you guys are getting. its because there is an entry in your npcskins config.yml that doesnt match your citizens npc-profiles.yml. double check to make sure you are only trying to skin npcs that exist on your server. if you are using the example configs i posted in this thread for some reason, dont. those are to show the layout/spacing of the yml. the skin and cape links are invalid and the npcs and 'creature' npcs likely dont exist on your server.

1-stop your server and completely remove your citizens and npcskin configs from your servers plugin folder
    2-start your server to generate new/blank citizens configs
    3-make a new npc
    4-make a single npc entry in your npcskins config for that npc with a valid skin and/or cape url using the example format posted in this thread
    5-save the npcskin config
    6-type /npcskinreload into the chat window in game
    7-your npc should have the skin and/or cape you specified in step 4.
    bonus step 8 - if you have 'evil' npcs enabled in your citizens 'mobs.yml', make sure their names are the same as the ones in your npcskin config (you can name them whatever you want in the mobs.yml)

let me know if that works and ill update npcskins to catch the error it creates and give out more useful info :)

@f1337_m4573r @Safetybrick

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  5. Offline

Crash

I haven't been doing bukkit lately so soon will be awhile I still need to update everything to latest versions and also try to get the code out of my jar because I lost the original project

6. Offline

undeadmach1ne

do you want my project files? save you a bit of time and its barely been changed from what you uploaded before...just updated the citizens calls that changed, fixed what appears to be a typo, and added that reload command. let me know ill package it all up for you.

7. Offline

Safetybrick

from previous testing i can tell you that originally the npcskins config.yml wasn't being generated on my main server. when i placed the npcskin on my test server with just spout and citizens it created the config.yml(which was blank) which i then copied to the main server and still got errors. it wasn't until i updated the main server to the latest dev build of citizens that i stopped getting the errors and npcskins loaded. my only guess is there may have been a mismatch of the citizens.jar and type jars.

8. Offline

undeadmach1ne

yeah the config does not generate a default. you have to manually make entries for all your npcs/mobs. technically, its cant generate a default because every single setup is going to be different and not have a 'default' working config. i should try to make it at least generate a 'creatures' and 'npcs' section with the basic elements in place like a blank 'name' field and blank skin/cape sections with placeholder urls...but that would probably cause errors to be thrown too because its still not valid until it contains npcs that are on your server. if you can zip or rar your citizens configs and your npcskin config ill test them on my server, get them working and send them back.

9. Offline

f1337_m4573r

right sorry ive been dealing with some server problems aka (spout falling apart on us) i will send those ymls to you later today

10. Offline

InvaderX_9

soooo you need Spoutcraft? or you dont?
    Im confused.....

11. Offline

undeadmach1ne

you need spout on your server and spoutcraft for the clients to see the skins.

12. Offline

InvaderX_9

(forgive me for being a noob) So you need spout for it to work and spoutcraft for it to be seen?

13. Offline

undeadmach1ne

yup. you need the spout plugin in your servers plugins folder and the players need to use spoutcraft to see the skins.

14. Offline

InvaderX_9

I got spoutcraft but when i join my server it crashes, and in the server i still cant see the skin.

15. Offline

undeadmach1ne

what crashes? your client or the server? how can you tell if you cant see the skin if 'it' crashes? do you have citizens set up and a properly formatted config for npcskin? spout installed on the server? versions all matching/compatible? are you trying to use the 1.9 pre-release version of bukkit for which there is no spout/spoutcraft? can you post the error you get?

16. Offline

InvaderX_9

no i cant and the server crashes and i only got on once and cant see it yes citizens is set up

17. Offline

undeadmach1ne

well unfortunately i cant do anything without any info. try to answer some of my previous questions so we can try to sort this out.

18. Offline

InvaderX_9

It say stuff like [SERVERE] then some spout stuff and error and stuff ill try to get the full stuff as soon as i can

What if I send u my NPCSkin files and Citizens file and you can tell me whats wrong and how to fix it?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

19. Offline

undeadmach1ne

the problem is that i dont even know what the error is. from what i know, npcskin should not crash your server or prevent you from joining it. ever. under any circumstance. this leads me to believe that your problem is not related to npcskin at all. you can send me the files if you want, but it would be better if you could answer the following questions first:
    what version of bukkit
    what version of spout
    what version of spoutcraft
    what version of citizens
    what is the exact error your recieve

20. Offline

InvaderX_9

Bukkit:1185
    Spout:510
    Spoutcraft:?
    Citizens:1.1.1 or maybe 111 or something
    Error:IDK

21. Offline

undeadmach1ne

try the newest rb for bukkit you are 3 versions behind...or try to find the spout version that is compatible with bukkit 1185 and see if it still causes the crash. also, make sure the spoutcraft version you are using was made for the spout version that is compatible with whatever build of bukkit you are using.

22. Offline

InvaderX_9

wait ima get the error thingy

20:27:29 [INFO] [Server] Welcome to the server InvaderX_9! Type /Rules for serve
    r rules! :D
    20:27:30 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    20:27:31 [INFO] Reading data
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class gnu.trove.
    map.hash.TLongObjectHashMap$TLongObjectHashIterator from class gnu.trove.map.has
    h.TLongObjectHashMap
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at gnu.trove.map.hash.TLongObjectHashMap.iterator(TLongO
    bjectHashMap.java:387)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.util.map.TIntPairObjectHashMap.
    iterator(TIntPairObjectHashMap.java:52)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.inventory.SimpleMaterialManager.on
    PlayerJoin(SimpleMaterialManager.java:83)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.PlayerManager.onSpoutcraftEnable(P
    layerManager.java:75)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetSe
    rverHandler.java:142)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFil
    e:36)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.
    java:226)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:92)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetSe
    rverHandler.java:501)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :108)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:471)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:374)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:417)
    20:27:31 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class gnu.trove.map.hash.TLongObje
    ctHashMap$TLongObjectHashIterator from class gnu.trove.map.hash.TLongObjectHashM
    ap
    at gnu.trove.map.hash.TLongObjectHashMap.iterator(TLongObjectHashMap.jav
    a:387)
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.util.map.TIntPairObjectHashMap.iterator(TIntPai
    rObjectHashMap.java:52)
    at org.getspout.spout.inventory.SimpleMaterialManager.onPlayerJoin(Simpl
    eMaterialManager.java:83)
    at org.getspout.spout.PlayerManager.onSpoutcraftEnable(PlayerManager.jav
    a:75)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java
    :142)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFile:36)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    :501)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    20:27:31 [INFO] Reading data
    Right after that the server crashes.

wait i have citizens 1.1.2

Now it does

20:36:21 [INFO] Reading data
    20:36:21 [INFO] Reading data
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class gnu.trove.
    map.hash.TLongObjectHashMap$TLongObjectHashIterator from class gnu.trove.map.has
    h.TLongObjectHashMap
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at gnu.trove.map.hash.TLongObjectHashMap.iterator(TLongO
    bjectHashMap.java:387)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.util.map.TIntPairObjectHashMap.
    iterator(TIntPairObjectHashMap.java:52)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.inventory.SimpleMaterialManager.on
    PlayerJoin(SimpleMaterialManager.java:83)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.PlayerManager.onSpoutcraftEnable(P
    layerManager.java:75)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetSe
    rverHandler.java:142)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFil
    e:36)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.
    java:226)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:92)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetSe
    rverHandler.java:501)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :108)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:471)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:374)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:417)
    20:36:21 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class gnu.trove.map.hash.TLongObje
    ctHashMap$TLongObjectHashIterator from class gnu.trove.map.hash.TLongObjectHashM
    ap
    at gnu.trove.map.hash.TLongObjectHashMap.iterator(TLongObjectHashMap.jav
    a:387)
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.util.map.TIntPairObjectHashMap.iterator(TIntPai
    rObjectHashMap.java:52)
    at org.getspout.spout.inventory.SimpleMaterialManager.onPlayerJoin(Simpl
    eMaterialManager.java:83)
    at org.getspout.spout.PlayerManager.onSpoutcraftEnable(PlayerManager.jav
    a:75)
    :142)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFile:36)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    :501)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

23. Offline

undeadmach1ne

did you upgrade to the newest rb of bukkit? or downgrade your spout to a compatible version for 1185? none of these errors have anything to do with npcskin.

24. Offline

InvaderX_9

I have spoutcraft build 718

i upgraded to newest craftbukkit and it still crashes..... This stuff only happens when i have spoutcraft, should i just undownload it?

Now it says stuff about an old spout data file, (Server is fine until i get on)

25. Offline

undeadmach1ne

so you are on bukkit 1337, spout 510 and spoutcraft 718? does the crash happen when you remove npcskin from your plugins folder?

26. Offline

InvaderX_9

No its still in

27. Offline

undeadmach1ne

try removing it and let me know what happens when you start the server and join it.

28. Offline

InvaderX_9

nothing the same thing happens

29. Offline

undeadmach1ne

so the problem is totally unrelated to npcskin and you should probably ask the developers of spout about the error as they are more capable of helping you with their plugin than i am. once you get it to stop crashing on boot feel free to hit me up for help setting up npcskin :)

30. Offline

InvaderX_9

kk thank you for your time :D