Compiling in javac for jenkins

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by bgsteiner, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bgsteiner

So I am starting a jenkins system to help distribute and control versions for my plugins but I al having a little trouble compiling to a .jar

I was wondering how I would setup the compile script for jenkins so that it will include the plugin.yml, config.yml and then compile the .java files from scr/net/steinserv/plugins/pluginname/*.java

If I need to change how I upload to git so that their is no src folder as I am not sure is it will be put in the jar I can.

Dev server is Ubuntu 12.04 jre and jdk are installed

2. Offline

bgsteiner

Anyone have any idea I have not used javac to compile I just use eclipse if anyone has an example javac for a bukkit plugin that would be a start for me

3. Offline

lDucks

4. Offline

Comphenix

It may take some time getting used to, but I would recommend Maven or Ant instead of calling javac directly. Then you also get dependency management, allowing you to download the proper Bukkit version, along with any required plugins, automatically.

There's some information about setting up Maven projects on Jenkins here, and a Maven tutorial here. But basically, all you need is Eclipse, the M2E plugin and a pom.xml file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.