Compass player tracker

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by The PC Tech Guy, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Hi, I'm looking for a simple plugin that can set a player's compass to track a certain player specified via a command. I'd like this to replace teleportation in my near-vanilla server. There are a few compass plugins out there but none of them have the features that I list below:

Features:
    • Similar to /tpa, the command should first send a request to the player that will be tracked.
    • The plugin should either have a permission to exclude players from being tracked and/or respect VanishNoPacket. When a player attempts to track/send a tracking request to the specified player, they should be given the same error message that would be used for "no player found"
    Other considerations:
    • I am not sure how this would work with a plugin such as CompassModes - there could be conflicts regarding who sets the compass positions. Ideally, if the plugin could fulfill the modes listed below, I could avoid using CompassModes altogether:
      • Set compass to player's bed
      • Set compass to player's last death point
      • Ability to give a compass to the player on respawn
      • (optional) ability to rename compass
      • (optional) prevent compass from being used in crafting (if that's possible)
    Command suggestions:
    • Preferrably something other than /compass
    • I will be using Bukkit comand aliases so it shouldn't be an issue.

2. Offline

Yaron_1231

I am trying to make your plugin idea, when I'm done (if Ill make it...) I will send you a link to the plugin.

The PC Tech Guy likes this.
  3. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Thank you for considering this! It's kind of disappointing there aren't too many plugins out there that utilize the compass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.