Commands screwed up

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CrazedLobster, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CrazedLobster

I got on to my server just now and i got a new plugin so i did /help, no words at all came up. So i just decided to talk and the text didnt show up. Why is this happening and is there a way to fix this? Also i think Commandbook is outdated, how do i update it if it is?

2. Offline

harri506

Are you saying the chat console itself isn't showing up, or when you submit text it does not appear in the chat log? To update Commandbook, go to the Commandbook page and download the latest version. You can keep its folder and any of its related configuration files if you need them, although it's probably best to remove them. Stop the server, delete the old jar file, replace it with the new one and restart

3. Offline

CrazedLobster

In the console it is showing up, in the chat log it is not. And thank you

4. Offline

harri506

No problem. Be sure to update all of your other plugins using the method above and if you are still having chat problems, try removing all plugins (make configuration backups of course) and re-installing them one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

5. Offline

CrazedLobster

Thank you very much

I updated them all (except for essentials because there is no available update) and the text shows up in the console but no in game

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  6. Offline

Necrodoom

essentials updated to 1.3.1 a long time ago. also why you using both commandbook and essentials?

7. Offline

CrazedLobster

Idk but it works now

8. Offline

harri506

Could be a bad minecraft.jar file if the chat log is broken. Please note that doing the following will remove optifine and any renders you have. Open minecraft.exe to get to the minecraft launcher where you can enter your account details. Click on options and then check the force update checkbox. This will give you a new minecraft.jar. Tell me if this fixes the chat issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.