Solved Commands aren't working.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by OTF Catastrophe, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

    OTF Catastrophe

    I'm in the process of making a simple repair plugin and I've run into a strange issue. When I run a command that comes from my plugin, nothing happens.What I mean by nothing happens is, I don't receive any messages even with my test command and console doesn't have any errors when I run a command. I removed Essentials because they have a /fix command and even then nothing in the plugin works. The plugin is 1.10 and the server is 1.10 and I believe all my code should be correct for what I have so far. I know that my commands are registered in the plugin.yml and I'm getting no errors in console. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

    Code: http://pastebin.com/vhScLWsK
    Latest.log: http://pastebin.com/VhQJKWKu

    plugin.yml (open)

    Code:
    name: RepairDelay
    author: _Apathy
    main: com.sirapathy.repairdelay.Main
    version: 1.0
    commands:
      fix:
        default: op
        description: Fix items within your inventory.
      test:
    permissions:
      repairdelay.allow:
        default: op
        description: Give a player access to the main fix command.
      repairdelay.all:
        default: op
        description: Give a player access to repair all items in inventory.
      repairdelay.bypass:
        default: op
        description: Bypass the cost of repairing items.
     
  2. Offline

    ZomBae

    Have you added your command to the plugin.yml as well as instantiated it in onEnable?
     
  3. Offline

    timtower Moderator Moderator

  4. Offline

    mythbusterma

    @OTF Catastrophe

    Have you tried reading what the log says? You have a NullPointerException in PlayerListener.java.

    Try reading instead of just posting here.
     
  5. Offline

    OTF Catastrophe

    Okay first off, in a help section you shouldn't be condescending in your comments. If you read the actual error, it states that the issue with PlayerListener is in a parkour plugin. Not my repair plugin. So please, try reading instead of commenting.

    @timtower I had just noticed the log said that it was disabled because I didn't have Vault. I realized that I didn't put Vault as a dependency in my plugin.yml and that could possibly be the issue. I'll try that and see if it works :)
     
  6. Offline

    mythbusterma

    @OTF Catastrophe

    How are we supposed to know they are different plugins?

    Putting it as a dependency means the plugin will be disabled.

    The only reason I was condescending is because you have been very rude to me and other forum members in the past.
     
  7. Offline

    OTF Catastrophe

    @mythbusterma
    I stated in the op that it was a repair plugin, and the name in the plugin.yml is RepairDelay. That's how you would know it's not the same plugin.

    I believe Vault asks you to put it as a dependency that's why my plugin disables itself, because I have a method that checks if vault is in the server like it asks you to add.

    I have no recollection of ever being rude to you or any other members, if you can provide proof of that I would definitely like to see it. EDIT: I'd just like to add, if I have ever been rude to you I am sorry. But I don't know if you have someone mixed up with me because I don't act rude towards people unless they're rude to me.

    EDIT: I changed the plugin.yml to have Vault as a dependency and in my onEnable I removed the check for economy not being null and just changed it to "setupEconomy();".

    Issue resolved :)
     
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page