Commands activated by movement combo (Street Fighter style)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Kiakaha, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Kiakaha

Plugin category: Mechanic

Suggested name: Super Combos

What I want: I want to remove all the "/commands" i use daily on my server by replacing them with movement combos

so for example: I would like to be able to MOVE in a pattern such as Left then Right then Left to active any "/command" in my arsenal. I imagine it listening to each playermove. (or ideally keypress). Checking its list to see if it starts any chains, and then activating a "/command" (as the player) when it detects a correct pattern.

Players would make their own configs along the lines of this

warp: 'warp example1'
    Pattern:
    - Left:1 (1 is the timeframe for the next keypress)
    - Right:1
    - Left:1

speed: 'cast speed potion'
    Pattern: (i wouldnt mind if double key presses were ruled out)
    - Forward:1
    - Forward:1 (for a duplicate movement it would need to detect the player stopped (or let go of key press)
    - Forward:1

Possible things to track "Forward, Back, Left, Right, Rotation?, Compass directions, Jump, Sneak, L/R Clicks"

Ideas for commands:
    "/combo list" to see current patterns
    "/combo reload" Editing would be done by config so reloading in game would be great.

Ideas for permissions:
    supercombo.use - This permission would allow execution of patterns
    supercombo.admin - This permission would allow the 2 admin commands above

When I'd like it by: 21/12/2012 (just in case the world ends)

Edit 1: I should have mentioned I also have a permanently running awesomely powerful server that we can test this on if anyone wants to try it out, I could allow you further access to this server for testing other developments

2. Offline

Mike724

This seems like it could be quite the performance hit because you have to monitor every player's movements.

3. Offline

MYCRAFTisbest

i like how the thing to replace commands has commands has commands. lol. It seems 2 complicated to be useful

4. Offline

RingOfStorms

You know I haven't tested it but I'm starting to wonder that it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Lots of the "bigger" plugins out there, such as world gaurd with regions and such use movement all the time to block passages / map boundaries and the sort. For those to work they have to be monitoring the player's movement all the time, and they don't seem to cause lag to me.

So sure it does a bit more but I think everyone over reacts to a player move event.

5. Offline

MYCRAFTisbest

i still see the error in accidental usage.

A toggle command perhaps?

6. Offline

Kiakaha

Reply 1) You're probably right but since i have an insane server with a population of me and my 5 friends we can afford to use high resource plugins

I also hoped that you could log keypresses rather than playermove events for this exact reason (no idea if that is do able though)

Reply 2) there are 2 commands for the plugin... i currently log something like 300 commands in a short minecraft session so its a 1:150++ ratio. :)

Reply 3) Yeah bro! lets do it! imagine how cool it will be to do "Crouch > Forward > Leftclick" = "/fireball" A DOO GIT

Reply 4) I would make sure my combos are sufficiently tricky enough and i would hope to have like .2 seconds windows for next key press. If people complain, i will make really easy combos for "/suicide" to teach them better skills

7. Offline

Necrodoom

you cant log keypresses.

8. Offline

Kiakaha

Okay that's no problem them. Doing it by player move event doesn't bother me or my server hardware.

still think this is Well worth doing! and possible

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016