CommandExecutor not work? :?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by gokarter24, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gokarter24

I'm trying to get this command to work but its not working, all it does it sends /partner back to the player, here is my code : http://hastebin.com/raconusaxu.avrasm

Thanks for helping in advance :D

2. Offline

bdubz4552

Line 30:
    Code:java
    1. Player req = Bukkit.getPlayer(args[1]);
    Need to check if that argument is null before you reference it. Also, arrays start at 0, not 1, so if that is supposed to be the first argument, check that.

Line 93:
    Code:java
    1. return false;
    This is why it always spits out the command usage. You have to return true to not do so. Return false tells the server that the command was not fired correctly, so it sends the usage from plugin.yml.

As for the rest of your code, I can't really tell what is going on here... Looks like you're using another API (I assume that's what "API" in the code is) so I don't have a clue about it's methods. Though, I also don't see any imports for "API" either... Might want to look into that.

3. Offline

gokarter24

the req player variable is for the command /partner accept <player> so thats right I changed the other thing you told me so I will try it out. bdubz4552

I don't whats wrong!? http://hastebin.com/avetosazeh.avrasm

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

Niknea

gokarter24 Have you registered your command in the main class, and in the plugin.yml?

5. Offline

gokarter24

6. Offline

1Rogue

If you're casting to player, check the type first. Don't just cast without knowing.

7. Offline

gokarter24

okay, will do. Any other advice? 1Rogue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.