Solved Color.[color name] Confusion

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jamboozlez, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jamboozlez

Hello,

I found this when I went to get the colour 'Light red' from the 'Color' class (eg. Color.name). When I typed 'Color.' I could not see anything that symbolised Light Red. Confused as to what 'color' is really light red, I went to the Java Docs. What I found here added more confusion to what should have been a simple bit of code!

Here I found names for colors, but some of them were different to what I can see in Eclipse (eg. Fuchsia does not appear in Eclipse, but is spoken of in the JavaDocs).

So, my question is, what do I type for Light Red in Eclipse (usually &c in-game)? Is there a list of colours and there relative names in Eclipse? And as an extra question that doesn't really need an answer, why does everything say different things for colour?

Notes:

I am using CraftBukkit 1.6.4 R2.0 for the Bukkit API in Eclipse. JavaDocs is apparently the same version.

JavaDocs Link: http://jd.bukkit.org/rb/doxygen/d8/d67/classorg_1_1bukkit_1_1Color.html

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

Xacero

I think it might be ChatColor.RED and ChatColor.DARK_RED as light and dark respectively, but not 100% sure and don't have a dev environment handy to check sorry. Hope it helps. :)

Jamboozlez likes this.
  3. Offline

elementalgodz11

Light_Red is just red
    Color.RED

Jamboozlez likes this.
  4. Offline

Jamboozlez

Oh, I think I've made a mistake - now you've said 'ChatColor' it's jogged my memory. I think I should be using ChatColor instead of Color anyway.

I can't see a Color.DarkRed etc. in Eclipse :( (EDIT: There is a ChatColor.Dark_Red though :))

Thanks for both of the replies, I'll test them now :)

5. Offline

br456

List of colors

An example sending colored message:

Code:java
    1. public void sendHelpMessage(Player player) {
    2. player.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "Invalid command!")
    4. }

6. Offline

Ultimate_n00b

7. Offline

Jamboozlez

I realise now that I made a mistake between using 'Color' and 'ChatColor'. Marked as solved :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.