Color based on permissions

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Triangulum598, Feb 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Triangulum598

This has been really frustrating me for a while. Hear me out because this is probably gonna seem like one thing but it'll actually be another. Also, apologies if I make no sense, I just woke up.

I've been looking for a plugin that sets someone's chat name and chat color (via a placeholder) as a certain hex color depending on a permission they have (for example, color.name.<hex> for the name, and color.chat.<hex> for the chat). However, that seems to not exist, as they either just let people choose whatever color they want (we don't want that, as we're making colors a special thing for certain ranks only), or they don't support hex. I've tried just doing it through chat manager, but then if they have alpha tester, then get promoted to trial staff, they lose the colors.

Can somebody please help, I've been giving myself a headache over this for far too long.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  2. Offline

Ak.

What if instead of decimals, we make it color.name.<color>?

Let's remember that there are 16M different combinations in hexadecimal (not counting the transparent, it already amounts to 4G). Minecraft doesn't support that many colors, so the best idea would be to create permissions with all the colors there are, and that each permission prints a color.

What do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.