ClusterChunk [Needs More Devs!]

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ktar5, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ktar5

Many of you may know Sethbling and maybe heard of the recent map he made called Cluster Chunk. One of the developers I work with, got in touch with him and they (sethbling) would like the map turned into a server plugin and a server. I, being a programmer, was asked to partake in this operation but I have reserves about taking on the task.

This was the idea submitted to me by my colleagues (sorry if it's a bit messy. ):
    _________________________________________________________________________________

When you join, you spawn in the "Lobby." In the lobby, there are some signs explaining ClusterChunk and what the goal is. There are also 2 signs saying "[ClusterChunk] Team Blue" and "[ClusterChunk] Team Red." Each team will have a maximum of 4-5 players. When a team is full the server will not allow anyone else to join that specific team. Once both teams are full, the server will countdown from 10 and the match will begin!

The match will preform just as a normal Cluster Chunk game would. Once a team wins, the players are teleported back to the spawn, and can begin a new game! When the game is going on, only a VIP can join and spectate the match.
    List of Features:

1. Auto rollback/reset map after a game is complete
    2. Ability to force start/stop a game
    3. Integrate with TagAPI to make a player's name Red if on Red team, Blue if on Blue team, Yellow if Owner/Dev, and Green if in pre-game lobby.
    4. /Spectate to spectate another player (ClusterChunk.spectate)
    5. /endgame to end the current game (ClusterChunk.endgame)
    5. Have each team spawn in the correct cluster.
    6. A configurable time of invulnerability or "God Mode" once a round has begun
    7. This plugin can not be a public plugin, and will need to be kept private
    8. The game ends when the other team removes the bed, and kills all of the players.
    9. If a player's bed spawn is not set and they die, they get kicked from the server saying they died and are out of the game. When they log back in, they are back at the lobby. Once all players on a team are killed, all members will be teleported to the lobby, the game will end, and the map will reset
    10. I need to be able to have many games going on at one single time
    11. Crafting of beds will not be allowed
    12. Each team needs its own chat, and when a player is in the lobby they should be able to see both team's chat. The chat needs to be different for each team, and each group playing.

Lobby Wall Information:
    (All information will refer to this lobby image: http://i.imgur.com/zNdxg.png)

This set of signs will be the same for all of the arenas running on the server.
    Sign 1: This sign allows you to join the blue team with a right click. Once you right click on this sign, you will get a message saying "&1You have successfully joined the Blue Team!"

Sign 2: This sign will list all of the players in the arena for that specific color. The name colors will be black, but when a player is out of the game, their name color on this sign will turn gray. This only shows players for the specific arena, and the specific color.

Sign 3: This sign shows the status of the game in the specific arena. The current state will be &2green, and the other states will be &8dark_gray. The states are Waiting, In Progress, and Resetting. Waiting means that the game is waiting for more players to join before the game will start. In Progress means that a game is in progress. Resetting means that the game map is resetting.

Sign 4: This sign will list all of the players in the arena for that specific color. The name colors will be black, but when a player is out of the game, their name color on this sign will turn gray. This only shows players for the specific arena, and the specific color.

Step 5: This sign allows you to join the red team with a right click. Once you right click on this sign, you will get a message saying "&4You have successfully joined the Red Team!"

Obviously that is just a rough idea submitted to me by one of my Co-Developers.If you would like to help us with this plugin, just leave a comment. Suggestions? Do the same. :)

Bye for now
    -Ktar

2. Offline

fireblast709

seems nice... count me in :p

3. I am also able to help, I have mutch understandings of hashmaps, so I can make the team parts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.