[CLOSED until further notice] Getcha Bukkit teacher here!

Discussion in 'Resources' started by tips48, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So,
    I know Bukkit coding petty well. I've created alot of plugins, most of them private/only given out on request, and have slowly gotten bored. So, I've decided to offer my services to teach, You, how to code Bukkit plugins! This is perfect if your that guy where no one will make your idea, but you don't know how to make Bukkit plugins.

Requirements:
    You must have all of these if you want help:

• Common sense ;)
    • BASIC Java Knowledge
    • The ability to run a Craftbukkit server.
    Recommended:
    I'm much more likely to be able to help you/choose to help you if you have these:
    • Teamviewer
    • The ability to donate :p <- Not required by ANY mean whatsoever, just something nice you could do to help a guy out :)
    • Live in the united states? <- If not, its not a big deal, but it may be slightly harder for me to communicate to you, due to the time zone difference.

Thats it! If you are interested, reply to this thread with your:
    • Java Knowledge
    • Bukkit Knowledge
    • If you have Teamviewer
    • If you have Skype
    • Time zone
    Note: I will not discriminate based on age.

Hope you learn something from this,
    -tips

2. Offline

SwearWord

@tips48
    Help me. I need to create an asynchronous queue system for iterating through MySQL queries so I don't lockup the main server thread with heavy operations.

3. Only if you promise to add iConomy support <3

4. Offline

ACStache

Java Knowledge: Basic grasp, can debug my own derps (given enough time and patience :p). I haven't yet done much in terms of determining efficiency yet though.
    Bukkit Knowledge: A link to the Javadocs and experimentation is all I've got so far. Just used it for checks so far
    Teamviewer: nope!
    Timezone: EST - I live on the East Coast of the US

I'd certainly be interested. I'm currently in a rut as to how I should go about making something last across server restarts/reloads. I already have a config file for settings but am contemplating another file of some kind for storing player/pet information.

My plugin for reference: RangedWolves

5. Added on skype.

6. Offline

Kohle

@tips48
    As silly as some people may think this sounds, I would appreciate more help with some plugin developing.

My Java knowledge: I've done some basic plugins, like EatMeh, and I've also done other simple plugins mainly involving commands... but I have a nice grasp on Java, I can fix my derpy derps, sometimes it takes a while, but I can do it. ;)

My Bukkit knowledge: I visit the Javadocs a lot, very helpful, very helpful indeed. I have done things with Bukkit such as running servers, and a lot of other Bukkit related stuff. It's such a broad subject...

Do I have TeamViewer: Yes, I most certainly do.

Time zone: EST, live on the East coast of the United States, right in little ol' New England :) (Lot's of good places to ski around here, too...)

I would love to have help from you because
    1) We kind of already know each other, we ain't total strangers (yet we are).
    2) I feel like a n00b.
    3) Read above.
    4) I want to develop some more interesting things than just command based plugins, and this seems like a great opportunity, after all, you have some pretty a-maze-ing plugins :)
    5) You seem like you have tons of patience, which is good 'cause I can be a little derpy derp sometimes.

7. Hahahahahaha :D
    Added on skype :p I'm still not sure If your serious :D

8. Offline

Kohle

I am most certainly serious. You know what they say, you can't judge a user by his avatar... :/

• Java Knowledge - Basic understanding, if statements, methods, etc, enough to know to to create most plugins. Imo.
    • Bukkit Knowledge - As regards to bukkit as a whole, quite alot. Im a server owner. And run bukkit. Programming bukkit, not so much. I know some things from tutorials etc.
    • If you have Teamviewer - yes
    • If you have Skype - Wiganlad
    • Time zone - GMT - Live in the UK
    • Aditional information: 23 years old, on the computer alot. I am a visual learner. Once i see it and know how it works in detail, Im ok.
    EDIT: Oh and im sick of making TNT Notifiers and Log in Broadcasters. :)

9. Added on Skype

10. I have had no notifications. What is your skype name, and ill try to add you :)

11. tips48 ;)

12. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Well... I could really do with a tutor, (Mostly to help me through that clumsy stage of coming to a new language/dev structure (doing both now lmao), but also because of the project me and some friends intended to create and run a dedicated server for.. (I say project because, the ideas we have are broad enough to warrant several plugins, though some are mere add-ons.. see siggy) so I'm gunna need to be half-decent fairly quickly ey? :p

Wanna start creating/having an MP sever I can really on to be interesting and not too laggy xD.

Plan to use the Spoutcraft API when it's but in the meantime I wanna look into building a sort of mirror realities World Generator. o:

Just starting out with java but known python for a year or two.. honestly, I don't think there's gunna be much difficulty when it comes to syntax and stuff (I've created a blank plugin for the purpose of understanding eclipse),

I've run my own server (localhost) within my households with 36 odd plugins and generally spend most of my spare time browsing and commenting on Bukkit forums, avoiding homework of course, so I'm fairly familiar with its ins and outs of that stuff. BukkitAPI experience matches my Java experience.

Generally I'm pretty good when it comes to computing and coding, topping all my it classes and stuff so yeah. Confident that I'll be coherent :p

Got skype. Teamviewer I dont even remember if I still have it xD, but there's colab text editors that would honestly be better suited to tutoring IMO, though my memory is kinda fuzzy on subject so prove me wrong :p

TimeZone: GMT+10 (Australian EST)

Even if you can't necessarily tutor me because of timezone issues, advice & suggestions of resources and code, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,
    Marcos Cosmos

Thanks in advanced

13. Offline

azywai

hey I'm currently taking java class' but I'm still pretty near the beginning and i would love to learn how to program plugins i know the basic statements for loops etc, arrays methods.
    I can host a bukkit server on hamachi >..<
    azywai is my skype and i do have team viewer Im in california

14. Offline

Zaros

I would also be interested in learning more about java.
    I know the basics and I've got the beginning of some good plugins and a lot of ideas to try. Unfortunately, I'm still learning as I go. I also tend to overlook simple things.
    For bukkit knowledge, I've been using Bukkit since it came out and have a server (unreleased to the public for now, soon though) running Bukkit.
    I have both TeamViewer and Skype, although I would prefer skype(username is Zaros104).
    I'm on the east cost.

15. Offline

Postbag

tips48
    I would love to have you as my teacher! if you're still willing to do it.
    • Java Knowledge
    Enough to make plugins, made 1 plugin and some basic java games/projects
    • Bukkit Knowledge
    Been doing it since 3 days now, i only made 1 official plugin so far.. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/pbmineexp/
    • If you have Teamviewer
    Nope, but i can download it(you got a screensharing feature on skype too)
    • If you have Skype
    Yes, Weak_parrot
    • Time zone
    Netherlands, UTC/GMT +2 hours

16. Postbag Yeesh, grave dig much :confused: But yea, I'll add you on skype and we can talk

17. Offline

Postbag

oh god, september 2011. didn't see that coming lol

18. Offline

x86cam

I would like a Bukkit Plugin teacher! I am wondering how to spawn mobs, and make an item command(like every item)

Java Knowledge:
    I know enough to make a plugin, and I have several videos on YouTube

Bukkit Knowledge:
    Made 4 so far. 3rd month!

TeamViewer:
    Can download if needed.

Time Zome:
    Central

19. Offline

TheDirtyDan

Java Knowledge: I can write things like calculators and make random functions and then run them :D

Bukkit Knowledge: After reading for about 2 days, I wrote a simple plugins that whenever someone used bad language it set them on fire, wrote a /hi command that said hi back, and created a plugin that on /random generated a random number and broadcasted it

Teamviewer?: Yes :D

SkypeName: roflcoppter3999

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time; -5

The reason why I want to learn this sort of stuff is so I can help out the servers I love and make them that much greater! I also want to get my degree in computer science and want to get a general knowledge of a language while making it fun and interesting! [diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond]

20. Offline

TheSmallBones

• Java Knowledge
    • Made a script that run with PowerBot V3 back in 2010.
    • Bukkit Knowledge
    • Attempting to make a plugin... That's why I need a teacher.
    • If you have Teamviewer
    • Yes
    • If you have Skype
    • Yes, add me: TSBones
    • Time zone
    • Pacific.

21. Offline

Waffletastic

I'll also help some people out if they already know basic Java. Add me on Skype if interested- username is Shamwoow.

22. Offline

nick331999

I have a plugin with an error I don't know how to fix I imported the org.bukkit.* import but it's still not working I put the error my server gave me on paste bin: http://pastebin.com/MpkKwiq1
    Help would be greatly appreciated!

I think I'll learn a bit more Java before signing up for this Java tutoring.

Thanks.

23. Note: This is closed! Please stop bumping it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.