Citizens Help!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Kolugo, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kolugo

I've been having an issue with NPC mob-types and the way they face for some time now. I've googled it to find a LOT of other people have unresolved tickets and posts regarding the same issue, too; so, here's hoping mine will at least get a reply from somebody.
    Everything else regarding the plugin works great, and when I create a normal NPC, it'll face the direction I make it. However, when I make an NPC mob-type (sheep, villager, pig, or whatever) it'll ALWAYS face south. I'll have it look near, and it'll look near the player but once you back away, it'll turn around and look south again. How do I fix this? I'm trying to set guards at my front gates but they keep wanting to face the wall.

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  2. Offline

steiger

Dude. it's a bug in the plugin. report it to them. i have had the same problem with this... i didnt care, so i just deleted the plugin

3. Offline

Kolugo

Unfortunately, I do care, it's a necessary plugin on my server. I've ticketed them, and I've posted on here in hopes of getting (relevant) responses. Of course it's a bug in the plugin; i'm looking for a smart coder who's already looked into it/fixed it. thanks anyway.

4. Offline

AwesomeMarioFan

Try typing the command /npc lookclose after selecting the NPC (/npc sel [ID]). This should make the NPC look in the direction of the closest player.

5. Offline

Kolugo

I've tried that. It works, until the player moves away from the NPC -- then it'll turn back around and continue facing south.

6. Offline

fussionzz97

Kolugo Like the first guy posted its a bug :/ i guess we have to wait for an update if its already been reported.

7. Offline

Kolugo

fussionzz97 Of course it's a bug! I know no commands in-game will fix this, but you can go into the .jar and fix it yourself if you know what you're doing. I'm waiting for somebody to tell me what I need to look for... but nobody seems to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.