Chests next to Chests, or: "Mojang should make this happen"

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Inacio, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Inacio

I would like a plugin that would made it possible to have two chests next to each other, without merging.
    And, in case that's even possible, would having it be compatible to the fabulous Lockette plugin possible, too?

2. Offline

Afforess

Not possible with the way Chests work atm. You'd need to rewrite the Client & Server.

3. Offline

Adondriel

Is it possible to make chest go like 3 beside eachother then 4 beside each other? jw it would be pretty neat :p

4. Offline

Afforess

No - i've seen screenshots of games where a plugin allows that to happen, and it ruins the GUI when you open the chest. This is because "double chests" are really just 2 single chests, and notch detects the neighbor by looking for the adjacent chest. With the current setup, there is never more than 1 adjacent chest, but if you had 3 or 4 chests together, you'd get multiple adjacent chests, and everything goes to hell.

5. Offline

Adondriel

So, pretty much if you did that it would screw up your screen? i would say, make pages you know? or a scroll bar? maybe, probably too much work. :)

6. Offline

Afforess

The whole GUI is in the client, and can't be modified by a server - you're looking for a client mod then.

7. Offline

Adondriel

yeah, i see maybe notch will add it at somepoint :)