Checking if arrow shot has a certain name?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by kreashenz, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kreashenz

How would I check if the arrow that gets shot has a certain name? I'm trying to make a little plugin for a friend (I might release it on BukkitDev) and I need to check if the name equals something. I know you can't use ItemMeta (or can you?) but I'm thinking Metadata would be the way here, and I'm not sure how to use Metadata. If someone can explain a little about metadata and how to use it, that would be great. Thanks!

2. Offline

tommycake50

I don't think arrows contain the data from the arrow item in the players inventory.
    it just get removed and a projectile gets launched.

3. Offline

Rocoty

May I suggest cancelling the event and launching the projectile on your own while deleting the item from your inventory? That way you'll have complete control over stuff.

tommycake50 likes this.
  4. Offline

kreashenz

Rocoty But I need to check in EntityDamageByEntityEvent to see if it has the name, then deal extra damage. How would I do this? tommycake50

5. Offline

tommycake50

Well you could get the arrow and get the shooter and then if the shooter has that type of arrows.
    but then you could just use normal arrows and it would still work.

6. Offline

kreashenz

tommycake50 Exactly. That's why I was asking if Metadata would be the answer. Maybe you know how to use metadata, and you can help me with this :)

7. Offline

tommycake50

But the metadata wouldn't continue across from the arrows to the entity neither would itemmeta.

8. Offline

jackwilsdon

Zen3515 and kreashenz like this.
  9. Offline

kreashenz

jackwilsdon That's actually helped a lot, MetaData might actually be as easy as I thought. I've just never used it before. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.