Check if plugin has loaded before

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Techy4198, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Techy4198

Hi, just wondering, is there an easy way to tell if a plugin is loading for the first time / if it has loaded previously? I don't want to do it by checking if the data folder exists, because I want to use the email api to notify me when my plugin is installed on someone's server, and I don't want any possibility of getting spammed by it if the person keeps deleting the data folder. any way to do it with MySQL or something? btw I have absolutely NO idea how to use MySQL in plugins.

2. Techy4198
    I don't think Bukkit keeps track of installed plugins, so you'll have to create your own methods using somekind of database (such as a flatfile, MySQL etc).

Also, look up Java MySQL tutorials. There's a couple in the Resources section, and lots more all around the interwebz.

3. Offline

Techy4198

Assist I was hoping for a built-in thing, but nevermind. off to create a new thread about something else, will be called 'Custom tile entities with material api?' in this forum section if u wanna help out.

4. Techy4198
    I'll check it out once you create it, though that sounds like something to do with NMS, which I know very little about.

5. Offline

AmShaegar

Please read this before you do something like that: http://wiki.bukkit.org/BukkitDev:Pr...lection.2C_URLConnections_and_Update-checking

Assist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.