Check if block has right click function?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Malikk, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Malikk

Hey guys,

I need to check if a block does anything when you right click on it, whether it's an inventory, a bed, a sign, etc doesn't matter. I can't cancel anything, I need to be able to predetermine myself whether or not the block does anything.

Up to this point, I've just been making sure the block I'm dealing with isn't in a list of blacklisted blocks, but I'm looking to add compatibility to Tekkit and other modded in blocks.

Reflection is fine, but I'm not seeing anything in NMS that's particularly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. Offline

gamerzap

This sounds like it would be pretty complicated. You'd probably need to setup a series of checks and debugs in a repeating task.

3. Offline

Malikk

I doubt it's that complicated. If there were a field I could just check that would be awesome, but I'm not finding anything. I was thinking I could check the BlockState, but that doesn't seem to cover everything, especially once I factor in modded blocks.

4. Offline

Malikk

I'm not a huge fan of bumping.. but... bump

5. Offline

lol768

I'm not sure how I'd go about doing this really. You could check if the player has a container/inventory open after the click, but this obviously wouldn't catch beds etc

6. Offline

Malikk

Yeah, I'm already in an eventHandler, which is why catching another event doesn't really help me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.