Chats

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Aphyio, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Aphyio

Plugin category: Chat Group.. Maybe?

Minecraft version: 1.16.3 and further.

Suggested name: ChatGroup

What I want: So this is what I want.. There are local. Local will only display if people’s are near the player. The global is just go back to chat regular. Pls make sure to when you are still even in global chat, make it that you can see local chat but can’t send a message unless did /g or the same thing at global chat if you are in local group.

Ideas for commands: /l or /local = join local chat
    /a or /admin =join admin chat
    /m or /mod = join mod chat
    /h or /helper = join helper chat
    /g or /global = join back to global, regular chat

Ideas for permissions: player.chat, only they can acesss to /g or /l and cannot see staff chats
    staff.chat, only to join on /a, /m, /h, /l and /g and can see other players chat.

When I'd like it by: Soon as possible

Pic:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 2.54.02 PM.png
    This is local

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. Offline

bitfreeze.dev

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  3. Offline

ItZ_JameZ_

I'm gonna make this for you how close do you want local to be, or if you want I can make a config setting where you can decide how far away [x,y,z]

Here is an early version of what I made I wasn't able to test it very well because I just have my account so if you come across any errors please let me know.

https://github.com/ItZJameZ/ChatGroup/releases/download/1.0/ChatGroup_1_0.jar

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  4. Offline

Aphyio

Okay, would like to make it 100 blocks away near.
    @ItZ_JameZ_

5. Offline

ItZ_JameZ_

ok in the config.yml in the folder ChatGroup set the range to 100

ex. range: 100

@Aphyio

6. Offline

Aphyio

Oof, I tested and it looks great! The only issue that I'm having is with Global, Which means just go back to regular chat, not just a global chat. Can you fix it and I will be happy!
    @ItZ_JameZ_

7. Offline

ItZ_JameZ_

@Aphyio I'm not sure what you mean by regular chat, did you want it to be world specific?, or look like vanilla single player chat? If you could provide an example I can make it most definitely.

8. Offline

Aphyio

Yes, vanilla single chat like the default

9. Offline

ItZ_JameZ_

Change this setting and the global chat will now look like single player chat, if any more bugs occur please let me know

chat:
    global: '&f<%PLAYER%> %MESSAGE%'

Attached Files:

10. Offline

Aphyio

I did found a bug that whenever I speak, my Discord Bot won't appear any chat or any names? Can you fix it?

11. Offline

ItZ_JameZ_

yes can you link me to the plugin you use for Discord Bot

12. Offline

Aphyio

13. Offline

ItZ_JameZ_

@Aphyio so the messages are sent in minecraft but not in your discord server.

14. Offline

Aphyio

15. Offline

ItZ_JameZ_

Attached Files:

• e.png
      e.png
      File size:
      93.3 KB
      Views:
  16. Offline

Mathias Eklund

I've not really worked on anything related to chat groups in quite a while, but can't you just modify the recipient set and the message format based on what group the player is sending a message in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.