Inactive [CHAT] Silence 0.9.2 - Mute/silence annoying chatters [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MadManMarkAu, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Offline

MadManMarkAu

Silence - Mute or silence annoying or abusive chatters:
    Version: v0.9.2

This lightweight plugin allows users to slap a silencer on other players when they become loud, abusive or just down-right annoying.

Features:
    • Can issue timed silences, specified in seconds.
    • Global silencing.
    • Can set, reset and query silence status of players.
    • Persistant across join/parts and server reloads.
    • Supports all major permissions systems.
    • Ignore other players.

Download: https://github.com/downloads/MadManMarkAu/Silence/Silence.jar

Source Code: https://github.com/MadManMarkAu/Silence

Commands (open)

• /silence - Show information on command usage
    • /silence <player> - Query silenced status of <player>.
    • /silence <player> {ON|OFF|<duration>} - Set or remove a silencing.
    • /silenceall - Query status of global silencing.
    • /silenceall {ON|OFF|<duration>} - Set or remove global silencing.
    • /ignore <player> - Query silenced status of <player>.
    • /ignore <player> {ON|OFF|<duration>} - Set or remove a silencing.

Duration formats:
    1d2h3m4s = 1 day, 2 hours, 3 minutes, 4 seconds. Each term is optional. Eg. 1d5s is 1 day 5 seconds.
    1:2:3:4 = 1 day, 2 hours, 3 minutes, 4 seconds. Preceding terms are optional. Eg. 1:23 is 1 minute 23 seconds.
    3600 = 3600 seconds, or 1 hour.
    Permissions (open)

• silence.query - Allow user to query silence status of players.
    • silence.modify - Allow user to set/remove a silencing.
    • silence.queryall - Allow user to query silence status of global silencing.
    • silence.modifyall - Allow user to set/remove a global silencing.
    • silence.silenceall.ignore - User may ignore the global silencing and speak.
    Changelog (open)

Version 0.9.2
    • Fixed permissions I broke on the previous version.
      Version 0.9.1
      • No idea, can't remember.
        Version 0.9
        • Updated to Bukkit 1337.
        • Added support for all major permissions systems.
        Version 0.8.1
        • Fixed checking for silence state.
        Version 0.8
        • Updated to Bukkit 953
        Version 0.7
        • Lots of changes, too many to list. Thanks guys :)
        Version 0.6.1
        • Updated to Bukkit 740
        Version 0.6
        • Implemented new silence duration formats
        • Implemented global silences.
        • Added permission to bypass global silences.
        Version 0.5
        • Changed priority to 'Highest'.
        • Now silences players from using "/me".
        • Checks for cancelled events, as per Bukkit recommendations.
        Version 0.4
        • Implemented timed silences.
        • Silences are now persistant.
        Version 0.3
        • Updated "plugin.yml" to give more information.
        Version 0.2
        • Updated to new Bukkit command structure.
        Version 0.1
        • Initial release.

2. Offline

Nuk3d

I think that would be nice as well. Though I'm guessing that it would have to be client sided if you wanted to block all chat from the person? like some irc clients ignore functions are..

3. Offline

MadManMarkAu

What plugin are you using to allow players to message each other? I might make this plugin disable a user-configurable list of commands...

4. Offline

MineralMC

CommandBook, the 'tell' function, via an alias; '/w'.

5. Offline

filbert66

That's be awesome! It will be more difficult because the chat can't be simply blocked at startup; it has to go through to everyone else but then stopped on the way to the user who wants to ignore that bothersome chatter. Will take some more learning to see how easily that can be done...

MadMan and anyone else, I modified this plugin slightly:
    1. now works without either Permissions or FakePermissions; if not found, it just checks if the user is an Operator. Only Operators can silence anyone, but anyone can query current state. Also Operators can chat even when everyone else is silenced. [Credit to captainawesome7 for similar run-time check for Permissions in his SimpleAdmin plugin.]
    2. if a user doesn't have permission for a command, it fails silently rather than spouting proper command usage.
    3. added a command "ignore" that allows each player to individually ignore specific players. Same options as basic silence command.
    It's been tested on plewwatson's survivalrealm.tk server; he has found Permissions too complicated. For now I've posted it here, but would be happy if MadMan integrated my changes into his baseline.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  6. Offline

MadManMarkAu

I'd be happy to.

This plugin hasn't been updated in a week or two as I've been busy with both life and getting the MultiHome plugin finished. There's a bunch of stuff I'm planning to do with this plugin (all players can ignore another player), I'll add your mod to the list :)

Some of my developmental practices have changed since I last worked on Silence, stopping the spouting of correct usage information being among them.

7. Offline

triarry

This doesnot appear to work with herochat...

8. Offline

Phinary

does this let you mute offline players?

9. Offline

MadManMarkAu

No, sorry.
    I'm not sure how to fix that. I'm thinking of giving a list of command to disable for that user.

Anyway, nearly done with everything that's been keeping me busy, I'll be back on the scene soon. :)

10. Offline

EpicATrain

Please Update

11. Offline

filbert66

Mark, updated the plugin with a new "ignore" command. Hope you make use of it in the baseline. My version now 0.6.1.4, available here.

Also now allows the server console user to silence or ignore players.

12. Offline

MadManMarkAu

I love how your developments are going. It's a bit of a pain having to decompile your version when I try to copy the features across. If you want, fork my GitHub repository and send a Push request, I'll add you as a developer. You're definitely skilled with Java, probably moreso than I. EDIT: Definitely moreso than I :)

I've got a few minutes right now, I'll add the updates you've worked on to the main branch. :)

13. Offline

filbert66

ok, will do that

14. Offline

MadManMarkAu

Finally managed to merge your changes into Silence. You're now a co-developer. Took a while, as I had reorganized much of the plugin. I also rewrote a couple of parts either to work better or to play nice with other plugins. Check out my GitHub for the new source and tell me if it's acceptable. :)

15. Offline

EpicATrain

Please update to 818. Thank you.

16. Offline

Nuk3d

818 only just came out a day ago, have more patience :/

17. Offline

HawnSolo

Would love to have an 818-compatible build! :D

18. Offline

MadManMarkAu

I don't have time to work on Bukkit plugins during the week anymore due to starting a new job, but I do get time on the weekends. I've been busy reorganizing my house and setting up my networking, but I'm working on this now. All my plugins have been updated (yet to upload them, though). I have a little more work on Silence to do then I'll upload everything in one go. all will be #860 compatible. :)

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  19. Offline

Wakko

Was gonna post some errors I've been getting, but then I realized it's not updated.
    Mostly just an error in console when I use /help and silence won't put the commands in, but I'm sure an update would fix that. ;)

20. ETA on the update?

21. Offline

MadManMarkAu

Right now :)

EDIT: OOPS, I had a brain-dumb. Download the latest version, guys. Sorry to the 14 people who downloaded already, please redownload.

Basically, I had a brain-dumb and made the plugin allow people to talk while silenced, and silence players who were allowed to talk. Fixed now.

22. Offline

recon88

OMG! Exactly what i need !
    I love this Plugin <3

23. Offline

DannyDog

wow finally :D thanx man......

24. May I add a suggestion? This plugin really needs a per-player-setting instead of only global muting! ;)

25. Offline

MadManMarkAu

It does. There is an ignore feature, I just forgot to add the commands to the post. Will do that tonight. It's the same format as the /silence command, but it's /ignore.

26. Fantastic, and whats the permission node for /ignore??

27. Offline

MadManMarkAu

silence.ignore

28. Offline

tom

Please add HeroChat support ;)

29. Offline

MadManMarkAu

I've looked into it, and it will be impossible. As Silence and HeroChat both distribute the chat text themselves, they are mutually exclusive. The ignore feature of Silence requres the plugin to manually distribute chat messages to users. HeroChat's channel feature requires it to do the same. Thus, these plugins are mutually exclusive and cannot ever work side by side. Sorry. :(

30. Tried /ignore playername and got this (CB953):

31. does this default to op if you don't have permissions?