Inactive [CHAT] ServerMessenger v0.3 - Anounce Messages On The Server! [1.1-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jca2323, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Offline

jca2323

ServerMessenger - Anounce Messages On The Server!:
    Version: v0.3
    BukkitDev Page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/servermsg/
    ServerMessenger Broadcasts a random message from a list of specified messages that are stored in a file name "msgs.txt".
    How to use:
    • Download The Plugin And Put It Into Your Server's Plugin Directory
    • Start Your Server And Wait For Your Server To Finish Loading
    • Navigate To Your Server's Plugin Directory And Then Navigate To The "ServerMessenger" Directory
    • Open Up The "msgs.txt" File
    • Insert What Ever You Want Into There. (Remember To Goto A New Line For Every Message_
    • Optional: Change The Time Limit Between Broadcasts In The "config.yml" File To The Time Limit You Want. (Must Be In Miliseconds)
    Features:

• Broadcasts A Random Message From A List Of Messages At A Configurable Time
    • Allows You To Toggle Wether or Not To See The Messages On/Off
    • Update checking
    • ##Bleeding, not tested## Color support
    DOWNLOAD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47438843/ServerMessenger.jar

Premissions:
    Code:
    ServerMessenger.Messages.Toggle - Allows you to toggle on and off wether to recieve messages
    ServerMessenger.Messages.Bid - Allows you to sumbit a message and bid iConomy money on it

Commands:
    Code:
    /smessenger <BOOLEAN:ON/OFF> <OPTIONAL:PlayerName>
    /bsend [Message] [Amount]

Config.yml
    Code:
    BroadcastTime : 300000 //The Default is 300000, That's five minutes in miliseconds
    useiConomy : false //The Default is false, Set this to true if you want to allow users to bid.
    bidtime :  420000 //The default is seven  minutes (420000) This is the time period that users bid before it is over

TO-DO List
    Show Spoiler

• Color Support

Changelog:

Version 0.3
    • Updated to Bukkit 1.1-R4
    • Added update checking
    • FIXED CONFIG.YML
    • Updated to the latest iConomy. (Optional)

Version 0.2
      • Added Economy Support - Users can now bid with iConomy money for there message to be broadcasted. Whoever has the highest bid wins
      • Fixed Some Threading Issues
      • New Command: /bsend [Message] [Amount]
      • New Options In The config.yml file: useiConomy - Set To False By Default, bidtime - Set to seven minutes by default, After the time period elaspes, it will check what the highest bid is, and use that message.
      • New Premission: ServerMessenger.Messages.Bid - Allows the user to use the economy support, Set to true by default
      • Fixed Console Spamming Bug
      Version 0.1
      • Release

2. Offline

Zectric

looks good but i believe there is a plugin that does exactly the same: automessage (or is it autocast?)

3. Offline

jca2323

@Zectric Thanks, I also never heard of that plugin. I'm working on more features, hopefully there will be an update soon.

4. Offline

MonsieurApple

5. Offline

jca2323

Version 0.2
    • Added Economy Support - Users can now bid with iConomy money for there message to be broadcasted. Whoever has the highest bid wins
    • Fixed Some Threading Issues
    • New Command: /bsend [Message] [Amount]
    • New Options In The config.yml file: useiConomy - Set To False By Default, bidtime - Set to seven minutes by default, After the time period elaspes, it will check what the highest bid is, and use that message.
    • New Premission: ServerMessenger.Messages.Bid - Allows the user to use the economy support, Set to true by default
    • Fixed Console Spamming Bug

Note:
    If you see this while running version 0.2 in the console:
    Code:
    11:38:17 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-17"
    11:38:17 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    11:38:17 [SEVERE]       at com.jca2323.RandomServerMessenger.BidBroadcast.run(Bi
    dBroadcast.java:27)
    11:38:17 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It's error that will be fixed in 0.3. It happens when nobody bids and the list is empty.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  6. Offline

AveragePaul

This is kind of like "Scheduled Announcer" but this has less commands. Good work mate.

7. Offline

revo96

Can you give the anounce color?

8. my config is blank

9. Offline

jca2323

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  10. Offline

Steunzool

Why Do You Talk Like This? :) but great plugin :D will use it on my server

11. Offline

Aeron

Looks pretty useful, though I would like to see those messages stand out in the chat, so I am gonna wait till you implement color (code) support. Other than that seems nice :)

12. Offline

sinistershades

The config file is blank. You might want to fix this. When the config file is blank and you have a ton of messages, it repeatedly sends messages (until the server crashes) until you configure it like you quoted above.

13. Offline

jca2323

@sinistershades, I fixed that in 0.2. Did you download the one from BukkitDev?
    EDIT:
    Updated the file on dropbox, Should be 0.2

14. Offline

TheLegacyP7

Although this mentions color support, it does not seem to provide it, nor do you provide how to use it. Ive tried &a and $a and &AQUA etc, but none are working. Please can you provide some info on the Color Support that is meant to be incuded??

15. Offline

Katorone

I like the idea behind this plugin, but i'm looking for an auto announcer with some more flesh on it's bones.
    For instance, i'd like seperate announcements per permission group, or even users. Like our guests can use some auto announcement giving tips and rules, and our members announcement for events and news. Moderators aren't in need of these announcements so they shouldn't get spammed by them. etc.
    I'm really hoping you would consider adding support for permissions and perhaps random messages.

16. Offline

jca2323

Ok, Since I'm back for a little while, I've decided to update the plugin! Changelog: Version 0.3
    • Updated to Bukkit 1.1-R4
    • Added update checking
    • FIXED CONFIG.YML
    • Updated to the latest iConomy. (Optional)

17. Offline

laelae1

well the config.yml is still blank. can you just send a link for just the config.yml

18. Offline

jca2323

BroadcastTime : 300000 //The Default is 300000, That's five minutes in miliseconds
    useiConomy : false //The Default is false, Set this to true if you want to allow users to bid.
    bidtime : 420000 //The default is seven minutes (420000) This is the time period that users bid before it is over

First try regenerating your config.yml file, by deleting it and start the server.

19. Offline

elite823

Does this support multi colors?

20. Offline

jca2323

Sorry, not yet, I'll work in implementing that soon.

21. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

jca2323 cleaned up a nasty post for ya.

22. Offline

MinopolisMc

Premissions, lol spelling mistake :) under the download link