[CHAT] PlayerMute v0.2 - players can mute other players for themselves [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by KillerSmurf, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Offline

KillerSmurf

PlayerMute - PlayerMute Plugin
    Version: 0.2

Description: PlayerMute allows players to mute other players for just themselves. For instance if bob typed /ignore joe, then joe says hi. Everyone will here him besides bob, until bob types /ignore joe again. Just place the the .jar in your plugin directory.

Commands:
    • /ignore to ignore
    • /ignore to un-ignore the other player when the other player is already ignored
    Download

Source Code

Features:
    • Toggle-able mute
    • Lightweight
    Changelog:
    Version 0.2
    • Changed command to /ignore
    • Made colorful messages

Version 0.1
    • Initial release

kahlilnc likes this.
  2. Offline

AlbireoX

Make the HashMap a <Player, List<Player>> instead and set this up with a persistence.

3. Offline

please change the command to /pmute to avoid only playermuting when trying to global mute or vise versa

4. Offline

KillerSmurf

Alright sure.

5. Offline

Deadlystrike

should be like /ignore player /unignore player not to be confused with muting

6. Offline

Jeffmcgee

as admin on a server, i'd definitely prefer /ignore, or /pmute, mainly due to it being confused with /mute. good idea though, and if that small issue gets changed, i'd use it.

7. Offline

KillerSmurf

Updated.

8. Offline

good idea

9. Offline

KillerSmurf

It is now changed to /ignore

10. Offline

housemaster

Really neat, using this now. Have some suggestions, is it intended to not ignore /tell whispers? Could you add this as an option (even though I think it's meant to be ignored too).

Could you change so that when a player un-ignores, it says "Un-ignored <name>", currently it says ignored even though they get un-ignored.

Last one, would be nice with an option to switch on/off "This user is ignoring you." messages if someone uses /tell.

11. Offline

KillerSmurf

oh mmk will do

12. Offline

Deadlystrike

work with 1000?

13. Offline

KillerSmurf

it might, i will have to check with the built in permissions. Wait i think it does.

14. Offline

housemaster

Status on the update? Messages through /tell don't get ignored, and this is mainly where people want to ignore someone else.

15. Offline

ohmydoddtv

Is there anything you can do so that NOTHING comes up in the chat? Like no auto-messages or anyone talking, just NOTHING? Like a '/muteeverything' command? If not, can someone suggest a plugin that I can do this with? :D

16. Offline

ScottSpittle

can we have permissions?

17. Offline

columb

What about /mute all?
    or /silence

18. Offline

KillerSmurf

Why? its suppose to be for normal players, if you want it for certain players use a admin mute.

19. Offline

housemaster

Will this be fixed? Messages still go through /tell even when ignored.

20. Offline

Deathfromace

Thanks for the plugin...players have been requesting this for a while.

Any chance for a /ignore list so people can see who they have ignored?

21. Offline

tremor

My server can totally use this.... ignoring PM's would be nice as well. Will it potentially ignore from other chat plugins such as IChat, HeroChat or the EssentialsChat plugins? I agree also that a /quietmode plugin would kick ass. Sometimes you just want to play and not see any spam at all.

22. Offline

Deathfromace

@KillerSmurf

Any chance you would plan on updating this to include /me in what is being ignored.

Plugin still works perfectly just would help to have that feature.

madmac likes this.