[Chat] PermBasedPrefix

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iwitrag, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Offline

iwitrag

I'm using zPerm and prefixes works.. but I want multiple prefix... read 1st post please.

2. Offline

fefe2008

iwitrag
    Oh sorry i read it wrong my bad i thought this was a Help thread and not a Plugin Request!

Anyways you could try adding multiple prefixes in your groups.yml or however its called in zPerms
    (I got no clue how your groups file has to be formatted but i hope you get the idea)
    e.g.

groups:
    admin:
    permissions:
    prefix: '&c[Admin]&a[Prefix2]&b[Prefix3]'

No idea if this works but its worth a try! My second idea would be to use essentials group format chat:
    e.g.
    groups:
    admin: '&4[Admin]&c[Prefix2]&b[Prefix3] &f{DISPLAYNAME}: {MESSAGE}

(Important: If you use this method set the Prefix in your groups.yml to prefix:'')
    That should work but you would not give out permission nodes you would basicly set different Prefixes for different groups in the essentials chat config.
    Hope this helped !

iwitrag likes this.
  3. Offline

iwitrag

fefe2008 Yeah I have used this, but it's bad because you have to maintain prefixes for all players manually - if any player buy VIP, you have to change his prefix, it's not automatic.

4. Offline

fefe2008

iwitrag
    Well if a player buys Vip you promote them to eg. "VIP" and then you just have a vip chat format and its done.
    No manual work required.

But i actually suggest using a global chat format and put Multiple Prefixes in the Groups.yml since its easier to maintain that way.

5. Offline

iwitrag

Sorry for late reply.

If you promote user to group VIP, he will have prefix [VIP] - now you can change chat format, but that chat format would be the same for all users in group VIP, you cannot simply make some users [YouTuber] [VIP] - yes, you can, define user's prefix, but if that VIP for that user expires, he still will have [YouTuber] [VIP] prefix...

And that's why I'm requesting this plugin :)

6. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh [sheep]

7. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh [pig]

8. Offline

davewolax

You can use Group manager plugin,
    It supports prefix/suffix and you can change it for a player or group in game!

command for adding prefix to player: /manuaddv username <prefix/suffix> <value>
    command for adding prefix to group: /mangaddv groupname <prefix/suffix> <value>

for example lets say I want to add Owner prefix to player "davewolax" I would type:
    /manuaddv davewolax prefix &3Owner

or lets say I want to add prefix for Admin group in my group manager I can type:
    /mangaddv admin prefix &cAdmin

it's very simple and easy, you can do it in the config file as well.
    http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Group_Manager

9. Offline

BrianGamesLOL

This is permissions ex....

10. Offline

iwitrag with hero chat there is a {group} thing so u could do
    {prefix} {group} {name}: MSG to get what you desire

11. Offline

iwitrag

You must be joking. Can you read 1st post please? Thanks

Yeah, but I don't want to use herochat, I'm using essentials chat and it's per-group display feature. Read the first post please.

I know why and what I'm requesting, can someone just try to make that plugin??? Should I really report any other posts from now which will not be this plugin-related?

12. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh [sheep]

13. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh [pig]

14. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh