Inactive [CHAT] NoBracket - Remove the nasty brackets! [1.0.1-R1+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Evangon, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Evangon

Hate the brackets in chat? Just want them to just go away? NoBracket removes them! And does this really count as plugin? No! Hardly any effort was put into it!

I believe that this plugin will forever work with Bukkit, unless if the programming API changes or something stupid happens like a dev does "spit" instead of "split".

Proof:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download:
    Version 1.0 for 1.0.1-R1 Release [Yes. This is a real plugin. It is functional and removes brackets.]

Source Code:
    Version 1.0 for 1.0.1-R1 Release

Change Log:
    Code:
    -Version 1.0
    * Inital Release

TheNoobWar likes this.
  2. Offline

paully104

Confirmed it works and is very sexy looking.

3. Offline

Zynastor

I approve.

4. Offline

Evangon

I'll literately just completely die if a mod actually approves this xD
    Anyways, this is REAL mods. I'm not kidding. I spent 5 minutes of my life making this! Do you know how long that is!?

5. Offline

T145

Man. Took me 6 minutes to code Alpha! :D Would it be ok if I used some of this code in a chat plugin I'm making? I don't want to intellectually infringe in any way.

6. Offline

Evangon

@T145
    Sure. Just give me a little credit, not a big buldging "HELP BY EVANGON" but like "chat part made by evangon", somewhere lol. Heck, I'll just leave it up to you on the credit part.

7. Offline

Wolfy9247

I would say this is the most win plugin I've ever seen, but then again, there was a plugin at one time that did absolutely nothing... I found that to be hilarious.

8. Offline

Evangon

Is this going to get approved? That thought keeps making me think lol.

curse74 and EarlyLegend like this.
  9. Offline

Hotshot

They dont approve things on this forum anymore.. I think... Try putting it on BukkitDev.

10. Offline

Kohle

They are still approving, but as far as I know, they are skeptical of it.

11. Offline

iPhysX

hi

Tobstah, Juze and Zynastor like this.
  12. Offline

Kohle

I sense an infraction.

*cough* @NuclearW *cough*

13. Offline

iPhysX

You sir @Kohle ... are the worst!

14. Offline

Kohle

I'm not as bad as you - your Obama.

15. Offline

TnT

I was debating how many infractions to give for this post. Can I really give out 4 at once?

Keep it civil and on topic. Quit spamming.

Get that cough looked at, it doesn't sound good.

Zynastor likes this.
  16. Offline

paully104

@Evangon , using my special skills i managed to break and find a issue pertaining to your plugin. When using this plugin in conjunction with sms signs in particular drop box files for audio ques. This plugin makes all text after the : , voided.

17. Offline

md_5

Approved.

Kohle likes this.
  18. Offline

Evangon

@md_5
    You approved it LOLWUT.
    Oh well, yaaaay. Most pointless plugin has been approved.

@paully104
    I'll look it xD

19. Offline

MatrixJ21

Hehe, nice one evangon :p

20. Offline

iPhysX

I've seen many more pointless plugins :)
    This is quite useful infact.

21. Offline

theyulie

I haven't seen any BukkitDev link so, I guess here is the only place where I can post this issue:
    When you try to use a semicolon somewhere in your sentence (w/ Nobracket enabled), neither the semicolon nor the text after it are shown. I guess this happens because you are using a split with the":" character.

22. Offline

Evangon

I don't think this should be on BukkitDev. It's not that important, and not that useful (@iPhysX, stop lieing :3), and also, I'm trying to promise myself not to release pointless or barely any usage plugins on BukkitDev.

23. Offline

wsurfer852

This is the best plugin that I will probably never download, because the download time is longer than the coding time

24. Offline

Tomskied

Permissions suport plz, oh and Iconomy and Tonwy. Ta
    Tomski

25. Offline

xXuffelmanXx

NOO! Got rid of prefix plugin & color me

26. Offline

zIGoDz

FIX IT PLEASE...It takes the prefixes and colors away...If it worked this would be an amazing plugin!! Please help!

27. Offline

Evangon

Oh whoopse. I did the wrong function. Let me fix it lol...

Edit: holy crud. It errors so much, I can't even see the problem, like IOException...

28. Offline

iPhysX

Evangon, try using Vault so you can hook into the Api's for the other chat plugins, then you can check if someone already has a prefix and make sure that this is added after you have took out the brackets, it seems that your plugin just doesn't support other chat plugins and formatting?

29. Offline

1yoyo105

Works perfect! Not that big of a deal but it gives the chat a cleaner look. :)

30. Offline

Rubin907

Great plugin, one problem. I can't see my prefixes anymore. Please make it compatible with Prefixer so I can have my prefixes back :)