Chat Modification Request (Read before Judging)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Dragonfire967, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Offline

Dragonfire967

Suggested name: ChatIcon

Plugin category: Chat Related

Commands Needed: none

Permissions Needed: none

When I'd like it by: as soon as possible, but take the time needed to make sure there are no bugs.

First, I'll start off by saying I am using EssentialsChat for chat, and I've checked iChat and few others, none do what I would like to see. If possible, can I get a plugin made that will allow a icon image to display in chat next to the group name of a player. Basically, do the following example:

Normal: [Admin] Bob: hello

Plugin: [​IMG] Bob: hello

As shown above an image replaced the group name in the chat. This image could be customized by the server owner to be whatever he wants / needs it to be, and possibly assign a different image for different groups. You could also configure it to show the image then the group name if you prefer. Using images the owner adds himself versus images included with plugin would be a plus. I feel this would help identify staff members more easily by flagging them with an image in chat.

Now, I do know that according to the READ ME topic, it says that you cannot display images to players, but is it possible to do this request using spout (prefer not to for greater portability for non-spout servers that would like to use this if created.)?

2. Offline

np98765

No. This isn't possible without Spout for sure... With Spout, yeah, it can be done (I believe).

3. Offline

SirTyler

While yes it may be possible to do with spout, I know of no way to have images shown in chat so... something to ask on the spout forums.

4. Offline

np98765

Definitely. ^^

5. Offline

Dragonfire967

Thanks for the replies. I have posted this request / question on the Spout forums. Once I receive a reply good or bad, I'll update here to let anyone else wanting something like this know if it's possible.

6. Offline

BenjamiinNoR

Icyene Did you mean to post this in my post?

7. Offline

Icyene

Danggit. Sorry bout that.