[CHAT] IRCraft v2.0 - Connecting MineCraft/Bukkit with IRC [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by naresh97, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Offline

naresh97

IRCraft - Connect Your Server with IRC

Latest Update -26/09/11 GMT+8
    Version - 2.1 Beta 2

Description - IRCraft connects your Bukkit server to an IRC server so that all MineCraft messages can be seen in IRC and vice versa.

Installation
    To install IRCraft, just download the IRCraft.jar (See Downloads Below) and place it into your CraftBukkit plugins folder.

Usage
    Using IRCraft is very easy, after installing, run Bukkit once and IRCraft will generate a config.yml which can be found in
    from your main CraftBukkit directory.
    Assuming you know how to use YAML, replace

Commands
    Version 2.0
    Permissions
    For server admins, make sure you have included

into your permissions file.

Changelog
    Download

Direct (DropBox)
    Direct (From Bukkit)

If you liked this, or any other of my plugins, please donate to aid me in continuing my development.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Sonorpearl likes this.
  2. Offline

Fendelgast

I will gladly test once it is released, for the time being, I will look into creating my own irc server and testing there.

3. Offline

thernztrom

1. Works really good :D
    2. Is there any way you could add a filter to the plugin, so that it keeps out color codes. Or even better that it sends them and converts them to irc colors. Right now in my irc i see messages like this:
    "<§f[§4Owner§f]§4thernztrom§f§f> hokey ill go and grab something to eat too"
    I dont want all the "§*" codes in there. :/ Is there any way to filter this out, or integrate with Minecraft color codes -> irc color codes? :)

4. Offline

Me4502

would you be able to make it that other plugins can hook into it? eg, maybe one that gets an event when it sends a message to the server

5. Offline

WoodenAxe

Can you host this on github? I'de really like to tackle some of these issues... Mostly the chat flooding one.

sddddgjd likes this.
  6. Offline

x3no

Great Plugin!
    But how can i disable the bedmessages?

7. Offline

Raptor2213

Do you mean the one where it floods the server logs with pings?

@naresh97
    You should add an auto-reconnect in case the plugin DCs from IRC.

8. Offline

WoodenAxe

No i mean if I'm using spamhammer to block chat flooding, it works fine for the in-game chat but the IRC still gets flooded. I'm guessing IRCraft just isn't respecting /mute'ed players

9. Offline

mattdh

Now THAT is what I call AWESOME.

10. Offline

naresh97

It's on Google Code. http://code.google.com/p/ircraft/

11. Offline

connorcpu

Very nice plugin, love it :)

12. Offline

pandy8

Hello!
    Thks for this plugin! but i just have a problem... i tried the commands but "bukkit is sad"... any ideas?

Sorry for my bad english, but I come from Switzerland ...

Thks for your help!

pandy8

13. Offline

naresh97

Thanks, but I do not understand. Can you please give me any error message?

Kan du ge mig ett felmeddelande?

14. Offline

pandy8

i'm from the french part of switzerland, so i don't understand "Kan du ge mig ett felmeddelande?" --> this is swedish!^^
    When i attempted to do a command like /irclist <channel>, i have an ingame message: " Bukkit sad. Bukkit want you to access this command, but bukkit connot let you. Bukkit will leak tears ;( "

15. Offline

thernztrom

English people always mix up Swizz and Swede's <.<
    The "bukkit is sad" message is something i think got introduced in the latest RB? Its when you dont have permission to use the command i think.

16. Offline

Navatalin

oh hey just so you know this is working with the latest stable release of bukkit (1185)

17. Offline

pandy8

yes i know and i'm the admin of the server so I can't have no acces to the commands...

18. Offline

naresh97

Sorry for the mistake with Swede's and the Swiss. I heard the official languages are German, French and Italian am I right?

Okay, I'm still looking into this "Bukkit is sad" problem, but I think it must have something to do with permissions. Make sure admins have

IRCraft.admin

in your permissions.

19. Offline

pandy8

Actually there is 4 officials languages!^^ you juste forget the romanche ( a mix of italien german and latin)

I'm gonna try the permission node, to see if it's working

thank you!

otherwise, is there any others permission node for this plugin?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  20. Offline

naresh97

There's only one. IRCraft.admin. I've made my plugin as simple as possible.

21. Offline

pandy8

ok thank you! ;)

22. Offline

hurlga

Same problem here... IRCraft doesn't allow me to execute any commands ("Bukkit will leak tears..."), nor connect to it's IRC server since the 1.8 update.

Also, granting IRCraft.* to all users in PermissionsBukkit didn't help.

Edit: ah, found it. For some strange reason, adding the permissions in the config file didn't work, but adding them manually within the game fixed it.

Thanks for the awesome plugin!

23. Offline

naresh97

There's another solution on this thread

24. Offline

Timbo_KZ

Hi naresh, i have some weird text formatting on irc. When i type something in Game it appears to look like this in IRC: [11:44] <MMComServer> <§cTimbo_KZ§f> 123123

I know it's not because of your plugin, but can you help me to get rid off those $c and &f?

25. Offline

naresh97

Hi, it is a problem I am working on as quite a number of people have reported. It happens when you format your name with colors or something. So, I will try to get back to you ASAP.

I have already posted the latest version 2.1 Beta with a fix. Please post any further problem that occur.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

26. Offline

Timbo_KZ

I tried a new beta, it looks the same now.

27. Offline

naresh97

Yup, still some problems. That's why it's still Beta.

Beta 2 Released. Please test and tell me if problem is solved ( I can't test myself for personal reasons).

28. Offline

pandy8

there is always this problem with bukkit sad... :( i'm sad too!

ah and IG messages don't appear on IRC... last version was ok

29. Offline

darkcloud784

All of the command cause bukkit to become sad and leak tears...... plus its 1 way transmissions, IRC>minecraft but not Minecraft>IRC

30. Offline

naresh97

I'm going to roll-back to V2.0 again while I fix this... Probably will take a while...

31. Offline

pandy8

ok, let me know when you've fix the problem with bukkit sad plz ;)
    otherwise thks for this plugin!