Chat getting cut off early (very annoying)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SeeD419, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SeeD419

Problem solved. iChat issue.

Latest recommended build, lots of plugins. Probably a plugin, but I have quite a few.

Anyone know right off hand which one it is? Or do I have to troubleshoot (nothing new there)

[​IMG]
    [MERGETIME="1299616060"][/MERGETIME]
    Nobody else is experiencing this issue?

2. Offline

TnT

You saw how the chat continued on the next line, right?

3. Offline

jor956

Sorry I don't know anything, but I just had to ask; how did you get those ranks?

4. Offline

Plague

Well yeah, but he's got a point, this is too early to be cut, I got it cut much later.

ALTHOUGH! The ranks could be the answer because they use many formatting characters, so that could be it.

5. Offline

SeeD419

iChat. It's actually a healthbar, heh.

You're telling me you can't see the line where it's supposed to cut off, and the place it's cutting off that's clearly illustrated by that picture? -__-

6. Offline

TnT

I can see nothing getting cut off at all but continuing on the next line. I guess that's "cut off" to you, but to me cut off means something completely different. Oh well, terminology aside, my server (I don't run iChat) doesn't "cut" anything off. Try removing iChat to see if that improves your situation.

7. Offline

SeeD419

Apparently even though I delayed updating to the latest plugins and recommended build, I still have to be the first one to find, troubleshoot, and report vital flaws. What's new.

Not very difficult to find, just a waste of time really. It's iChat. So I guess I'll have to go report it to the plugin author, because obviously nobody even noticed that it does that besides me. Whether you want to call it "continuing" early or "cutting off" early, it's still very clearly illustrated and circled in the picture above (although my screenshot and circling still couldn't convey the problem apparently).

Screenshot of the chat behaving normally attached.

[​IMG]

8. Offline

TnT

The vast majority of problems are plugin related. As stated in my "You need help..." thread - the first step to troubleshooting is to remove all plugins. Whether you want to call it you being 'the first to find, troubleshoot and report vital flaws' its still clearly an admin who should do the basic troubleshooting first (although posting that in large, bold lettering still couldn't convey that simple fact, apparently).

I highly suggest running the latest recommended build.

9. Offline

SeeD419

Actually, the second line in my original post clearly states that I'm running the latest recommended build.

Also, I stated that in my post above this. So twice in this thread.

But yeah, thanks anyway.

10. Offline

jor956

Really ahahah, I always thought they were ranks. I guess I'm pretty stupid lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.