Inactive [CHAT/FUN] SGTitles v1.1 - Give your users a collection of titles! [1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by sct, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Offline

sct

[​IMG]
    SGTitles allows for users to have "collections" of titles. Titles can be rewarded for anything you want and can be created at any time using in-game commands. We also support several plugins for direct integration for achievement based title reward. Titles can also automatically be given out based on permission groups.

Award titles for winning a contests, being a veteran on your server, etc. Users can change their title as they wish! Achievement based titles offer something for users to strive for. Group based titles can be used to give your special ranks unique titles! There is no limit to what you can do!

This is my first public plugin release so I hope you enjoy it!

Features
    • Users can switch between multiple titles
    • Supports prefix and suffix titles separately!
    • A title needs to be granted for a user to set it
    • Only one prefix and suffix can be active at a time
    • Permission group based titles
    • Optional color command for users to change their name color
    • Permissions for every command! Limit access where you desire
    • Integration with several other plugins for achievement based title rewards
    Optional Supported Plugins

mcMMO - Servers running McMMO can award titles when a user reaches a certain skill level! Titles can be customized per-skill. For example: 250 archery awards the title "Marksman"
    Heroes - Servers running Heroes can have their players rewarded a title when they master a class!
    DeathTpPlus - Titles can be rewarded for kill streaks and multi kills. You can customize at what streaks titles are given out!
    Spout - Servers running Spout will see a players currently selected title show up over their head!

Installation and Requirements

SGTitles requires Vault
    Simply place SGTitles.jar in your plugins folder and start the server! The config.yml will be generated automatically! Visit the configuration page for more information on changing your config.yml.

Configuration

Usage

Read this if you are having issues!

• SGTitles modifies the display name of players. So if you are not seeing a title show up it means that you have another plugin also overwriting player display names. The most common culprit of this is Essentials. (It can be disabled in the essentials config)
    Changelog

Version 1.1
    • Updated for 1.2.5
    • Works with latest McMMO
    • Works with latest Heroes
    • Changed most of the database code. Should resolve most outstanding bugs

Version 1.0
    • Version 1.0, that's like... important right?
    • Built against latest RB
    • Compatible with 1.2
    Version 0.8
    • Added ability to set default colors for players via permission groups (These can be overwritten if a player has access to any other colors)
    • Added ability to format the display name however you wish
    • Title list is now paginated. /title list <page> or /title list <user> <page>
    • Resolved issue with Vault sometimes not returning all of a users groups (Thanks dadaemon)
    Version 0.7
    • Added the option to give out Heroes related titles without having to master the class in config.yml (require-master)
    • Players who have already mastered their class before implementing SGTitles will be granted their appropriate title next log-in
    • Add option to disable group permission support for those who do not have a compatible permissions system (use-permissions)
    • Fixed bug in /hero clear that would send the player a "No permission" message even though the clear still ran
    Version 0.6
    • You can now enable server-wide broadcasting for any achievement-based titles in config.yml
    • You can now turn off default name colors in the config.yml. You can also set the default name color.
    • Added Spout title configuration option to config.yml (You can move prefix/suffix/line breaks to wherever you wish!)
    • Added /title reload (Permission: sgtitles.admin.reload)
    • If a user is already beyond the level set for titles in mcMMO, the next time they level they will be granted that specific title
    • Fixed NPE caused by trying to revoke a title from someone who has never set a title before
    • Fixed /title set to match titles even if a user is entering uppercase characters
    Version 0.5
    • First public beta release!

Phantom Index, Kewish and seriosbrad like this.
  2. Offline

md_5

Approved.

3. Offline

Krihelion

Titles arent showing up, Dunno why

4. Offline

sct

Do you use Essentials? If not, is there anything else you may be using that overrides the player display name?

5. Offline

Krihelion

I do, But I did what you said for essentials, Now, I screwed up something in group manager, Group manager broke, but display names are showing.

6. Offline

jeanmhall

What is a Prefix
    can u say another example

7. Offline

sct

Prefix's show up in front of a players name, and Suffix's show up behind them.

Here is a player on my server:
    [​IMG]

He unlocked the [Butcher] title after killing 20 players without dying.

8. Offline

sct

Version 0.8 is now out!
    • Added ability to set default colors for players via permission groups (These can be overwritten if a player has access to any other colors)
    • Added ability to format the display name however you wish
    • Title list is now paginated. /title list <page> or /title list <user> <page>
    • Resolved issue with Vault sometimes not returning all of a users groups (Thanks dadaemon)
    First post updated with new download link.

9. Offline

THG3

VERY NICE!!!!!

10. Offline

chaosslayer94

When typing /title list i get the following error:
    15:11:30 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'titl
    e' in plugin SGTitles v0.8
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    8)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:4
    02)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:784)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:744)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:732)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:7
    8)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.sgcraft.sgtitles.commands.TitleCommands.formatTitles(TitleCommand
    s.java:108)
    at com.sgcraft.sgtitles.commands.TitleCommands.onCommand(TitleCommands.j
    ava:369)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
    ... 12 more
    Also, even if i just do /title add (user) (titlename) it informs me that the title does not exist or i do not own it. I have given myself the title and all the other commands seem to be working fine.

I am running CB-R4 and i have disabled, Essentials prefixes, prefixer, multiverse world prefix as well as faction. (Names are completely unmodified)
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :p

11. Offline

sct

Odd. I thought perhaps it had something to do with title list trying to list titles when none existed but after testing that it appears that's not the case.

Can you run me through what commands you are typing exactly? Also, just for debug purposes I left in another command. /title fulllist. Is the title you are trying to set exist in that list?

12. Offline

chaosslayer94

When using /title fulllist all prefixes/suffixes that i have created are there.
    1st. /title create Owner &4(Owner) prefix
    2nd. /title add Fatal1ty Owner
    3rd. /title set Fatal1ty Owner
    Then i get the error: Title does not exist or you do not own it.
    Thanks for the quick reply btw. appreciate it!
    If i get this to work i think this would be a great contribution to my server.

13. Offline

sct

I found the issue. Title names are supposed to be converted lowercase (including your input, so you wouldn't technically notice it). This wasn't happening on create or add, so I went ahead and fixed that and uploaded a new version: Download it here (I also updated the first post with this version)

To fix the title that is already causing issues, do /title delete Owner and recreate it. You will have to recreate any title that has uppercase characters in the title name. (This does not include the data. You can format the look of the title however you want, of course!) Everything should be fine from there on out! Let me know if you have any other problems. :)

14. Offline

chaosslayer94

Alright! thanks alot, will test it now and let you know!
    Edit: Yep, it works now, titles are displaying properly, thanks for the help, However:
    When typing /title list it only displays 1 prefix and it still gives me the error.
    All other commands seem to work perfeclty fine except /title list.
    Thanks!

15. Offline

THG3

I am having an issue to where the title will show in the players title list however when they try to apply it, it says "Title does not exist or you do not own it"

I have their group assigned to the title in the config.

Example config:
    Code:
    groups:
      Admin:
      - Admin
    Edit: Just saw the above post, trying it.
    Edit again: Nope.. issue persists

16. Offline

sct

Sorry the correct command was /title delete Owner. Also you will have to revoke it if anyone has it. (I assume you do so try doing /title revoke <user> Owner). If you havent given out many titles yet the quickest solution is to simply delete your titles.db file and start fresh.

The new version does not fix issues with titles created before I uploaded it. Make sure to delete any titles you created beforehand, and then re-create them. That will fix it.

17. Offline

THG3

Got it, thanks sct

Quick question, I have a user who can't set his color or view the title color menu, and he has the EXACT same permissions as another member who can do both. Any ideas?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  18. Offline

sct

What permissions system do you use? Is the user who can't in the same group as the user who can? Or in a group that is just inheriting the permissions of another.

19. Offline

THG3

PEX. They are both in a group inheriting it from another group.
    When I view his perms in game, he has access to it.

I'm really confused by it TBH. Also made sure he wasn't typing "colour"

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  20. Offline

sct

Well the reason I asked what permission system is because I use PEX as well. In PEX when you give a group a permission, any groups that inherit that permission will not be able to use it until you reload with /pex reload. Try that. If that doesn't work let me know what permissions you are giving out exactly. Maybe something is being typed wrong. Who knows! :)

21. Offline

THG3

Another quick question, for DeathTpPlus, do they retain the killstreak title forever? or does it only last as long as their kill streak does? If the title resets, does it do it on death? or on player logout?

22. Offline

sct

Once they unlock the title they keep it.

23. Offline

THG3

Thanks, possible for it to revoke once they lose the streak? :)

24. Offline

sct

I will add it on the to-do list. Thanks for the recommendation :)

THG3 likes this.
  25. Offline

Krihelion

How do I use this with herochat? Titles aren't showing up.

26. Offline

sct

This plugin has been tested against HeroChat without any issues. Do you use essentials? Are you perhaps using {plainsender} instead of {sender} in your HeroChat config? (for the format)​

27. Offline

Krihelion

I do use essentials, about the config, i have no clue

28. Offline

sct

Read the first post. Essentials overwrites display names. You have to disable it from doing that in the essentials config.

29. Offline

Krihelion

Oh, That has been done already, Its just herochat blocking it

30. Offline

sct

HeroChat 4 or 5?