[CHAT] ColorMe (Changed ownership), read first post

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Valrix, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Valrix

Hmm....

2. Offline

Soulblitz

Just made a post in your Prefixer topic. Same problem here in that I add and change colours, but can't remove them. I can't be doing the command wrong, I'm typing /prefix name or /colorme name and it just doesn't remove them.

:(

3. Offline

Valrix

I just replied to your other post and I will look at the code once I get back to the dorm and see if there's just some new, weird error or something wrong with the syntax that may be causing the problem. Most of my code is under a freeze until the new RB is ready, but I can still work on most of the code normally without problems. The main issue is that I can't test it quite yet so any updates I do before the RB release are "blind" and more prone to bugs.

4. Offline

nfs13epic

On players.colors What should it read in that file for example nfs13epic <red> or what should it be inside

5. Offline

2Bucks

is this workin for 714?

6. Offline

Valrix

Should work on nearly all version except for the really old ones.

7. Offline

arthoz

Im having the same issue here (everything else works fine), tried redownloading it right now, but still not working properly for some reason, on CB714 btw. Not thats its a recommended build tho so no worries from my side =)

8. Offline

Valrix

The last patch should have fixed it. When the next RB comes out I'll be spending a few days making sure everything is working as it should, though that's what the last fix should have done.

9. Offline

landstreet

nice plugin, but it doesnt work for bukkit build 733... :/

10. Offline

Valrix

craaaaaap. It's always this and Prefixer that stop working at the same dang time.

11. Offline

landstreet

my server depends on this plugin to work... :(

12. Offline

Valrix

I'll check on it real quick and see if I can find the problem

EDIT: Please explain what's wrong with it. I just tested it and it seems to work just fine.

13. Offline

Tory

gogogo for Bukkit 733

I love this Plugin <3

14. Offline

Valrix

To me it's working perfect on 733

15. Offline

thefountain88

My server also depends on Essentials. I'm on build 733 and I have your newest version. I am however unable to give people colors. When I type just "/colorme" (without quotes) I see the help information, but if I type "/colorme red [username]" it doesn't return a success message. "/colorme list" also works.

Thank you for your work on the plugin, it really is the best for coloring names.

16. Offline

Valrix

It's /colorme <name> [color], so "/colorme valrix red" or if coloring yourself, "/colorme red"

17. Offline

thefountain88

When you type just /colorme and the help screen come up, it says /colorme <color> [name]. I did it as you said and still nothing. I remember before 1.5 it would give a message saying something like "gave [username] the color red". That message doesn't come up anymore, it gives no confirmation. I also checked the players.color file, and it writes to that, but it doesnt display in-game.

18. Offline

Ben1002

If I do /colorme red it works, If I do /colorme playername red

It doesnt work :mad:
    returns no error just doesnt color them :(

It doesnt give a message for either of them and doesnt write to the file for /colorme playername red

19. Offline

Valrix

Hmm, well I noticed I forgot to change the help to the new way the commands are done. I'll have to check around and see if something else is possibly wrong.

Do you have permissions? Are you OP?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  20. Offline

Ben1002

Permissions and OP

Here

Code:
    plugin:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies: ''
    groups:
        Admins:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: Admin
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance: ''
            permissions:
            - '*'
        Guest:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: 'Guest'
                build: false
            inheritance: ''
            permissions:
            - general.*
            - essentials.home
            - essentials.spawn
            - essentials.sethome
            - essentials.help
            - essentials.tpa
            - essentials.tpaccept
            - essentials.motd
            - essentials.rules
            - essentials.list
            - essentials.nick
            - essentials.whois
            - essentials.helpop
            - essentials.mail.send
            - craftbook.mech.*
            - lwc.protect
            - essentials.balance
            - essentials.pay
            - essentials.worth
            - essentials.sell
            - essentials.signs.trade.use
            - essentials.signs.buy.use
            - essentials.signs.sell.use
            - iConomyChestShop.shop.buy
            - iConomyChestShop.shop.sell
        Member:
            default: ''
            info:
                prefix: Builder
            inheritance:
            permissions: ''
        Moderator:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: Mod
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - '*'
    users:
        Aquia:
            group: Moderator
        BlackKnight:
            group: Member
        Danito0o:
        Dante012:
            group: Admins
        Foz_Caveman:
        J0hnny_Snip3r:
        Looney76:
        Luper:
        Mining4Hash:
        Sparkz21:
        ben1002:
            group: Admins
        d0inyoud1rty:
        darkmatter247:
        guhm:
        looney76:
        ricky1111:
        suchmel:
        Ben:
        stanman:
        Dario:
        nate_ZOMBIE:
        pat:
        Pat:
        MCxTIGER:

21. Offline

Valrix

Don't know what to tell you, looks fine and I know it works since I tested it recently.

22. Offline

Tory

meĀ²

23. Offline

thefountain88

I looked into it further, and it looks like the conflict comes directly from EssentialsChat.jar. The current version of Essentials is 2.1 and they have a 2.2 beta. 2.2 & 2.1 cause a conflict with colorme. Essentials does however allow downloads of their 2.0 version, which is recommended for builds 600 or lower. I loaded EssentialsChat.jar version 2.0 and colorme worked perfect. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Turns out EssentialsChat.jar 2.0 causes errors everytime someone types a message, or logs in. So...nevermind.

24. Offline

Valrix

Essentials needs to be broken down into separate plugins which has been said by other developers as well. Like my signature says, each plugin should do only one specific thing and do it well instead of trying to do a bunch of things and breaking other plugins in the process. I've done my best to keep Essentials from being a problem, but it seems like it's all been in vain. If you use Essentials, there's a very good chance that ColorMe and possibly Prefixer simply won't work.

25. Offline

landstreet

the reason colorme isn't working for me is because of Essential's...
    in the Essentials Config, there is a line that says " # A color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
    ops-name-color: 'c' " c is the colour red, but when i try to write "none" instead of "c" my name turns white and colorme wont change my colour...

26. Offline

Valrix

Yep, his code is stripping out all color instead of just not adding any which is preventing ColorMe from setting a color. Someone may want to tell him to instead of removing all color when "none" is used, to just not have it add anything otherwise he's breaking other plugins.

27. Offline

landstreet

yea, hope he will fix it if someone tells him.. :/

28. Offline

Valrix

What I really hope for is the bukkit team forcing all plugins to only perform one basic task so big plugins like Essentials, General, etc. will HAVE to break them into separate plugins that way people can customize how they want things to work and stuff will stop breaking. Otherwise there are going to be these problems happening all the time and will be annoying for both me and all of you since it's not a problem with my plugin, it's a problem due to another plugin.

29. Offline

thefountain88

It's not your job to make sure Essentials code works well with yours...I understand. Thanks for your help.

30. Offline

Valrix

I'm glad that someone understands. I've had a surprising number of people tell me I need to get it to work with Essentials because "it's too important to not have it" and I did everything I can to make it be as forgiving as possible but it's out of my hands. I would love for the Bukkit Team to crack down on all "bloated" plugins and force them to split all the multi-tasking plugins into individual plugins. Thanks for understanding and your support, it's very appreciated.