[CHAT] ColorMe (Changed ownership), read first post

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Valrix, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Offline

xdaveohx

This plugin works great. Very simple. The only problem I have is that it isn't remembering players when they login, including myself. I have to manually set player colors. Permissions aren't working either, but it's not a big deal as long as I can set colors and have it stay that way.

2. Offline

Rubin907

I dont get it. I have a server that runs on McMyAdmin and Bukkit. I have iChat but wheres the iChat config? Will somebody send me a TuT video on having iChat and ColorMe installed? Thanks

3. Offline

darkjoe31

Hey. Could you possibly add a bronze/brown colour to the plugin? Everything is there except brown so I am going to have to use blue for the "bronze" donator title. It would be great if you could add that, thanks!

4. Offline

Valrix

No, because those colors don't exist within the game as chat colors.

5. i put the permission node in (- 'colorme.self'). and it still says permission denied. while the colorme.list works fine. any idea why?

6. Offline

Valrix

Because list should always work unless a user is denied use. You're also using Permissions when ColorMe supports native permissions, not Permissions plugin permissions.

7. thanks for the response, will this plugin support permissions 3.x in the future?

8. Offline

Valrix

No. It used to support Permissions which I dropped in support of native permissions due to it being easier and nicer in general. It's also not hard to implement native permissions, so don't start whining that I should go back to supporting Permissions. I will not, end of story.

9. no need for hostility...

10. Offline

Valrix

Sorry, rough morning and people have already asked about this many times before.

11. Offline

davvem

I don't understand... is native permissions the one in the root folder? (whit craftbukkit in it) and if it is, can you paste me the setup to make everyone being able to use /colorme color and /colorme list ? if you did, i would REALLY appriciate it! awesome pluggin.

12. Offline

Valrix

Go get the PermissionsBukkit plugin and set up its config file. It works very similarly to Permissions, but with less clutter.

13. Offline

davvem

Is that the one in your root folder?

14. Offline

Valrix

No, it's within the PermissionsBukkit folder after you install and run it once.

15. Offline

davvem

Ok, whont be using it thought, (becuse i use different permissions) and it would totaly screw up my server, but nice plugin, too bad i can't use it =(

16. Offline

Valrix

You can use them side-by-side without breaking anything. Hell, I think I'm just going to package the basic config and the plugin so people using different permissions don't think they have to choose or some other crap. There is seriously no reason people have to choose to use it or not. It just means installing PermissionsBukkit for native permissions handling. Which I hope will take over the role of the Permissions plugin.

17. Offline

davvem

:confused:
    :confused:
    I'll use it then! :D

18. Offline

Valrix

Excellent

19. Offline

davvem

But, i'll wait untill 1.8 =p Becuse i would need to reinstall or else =/

20. Offline

Valrix

Good plan

21. Offline

NGTNoodles

what you should put is README.txt

22. Offline

Valrix

Mind elaborating on that? Kinda hard to understand without context.

23. Offline

NGTNoodles

NO its just that im not good with installing pluggins im new to this.

24. Offline

Valrix

Ah, ok. To install any plugin, it SHOULD be as easy as putting the .jar in the plugins folder created by craftbukkit after it runs the first time. All plugins should create the files and folders they need on their own, including the config and whatever else is needed during its first startup. From there most will tell you if they need to be configured, etc. If so, just edit the config.yml, config.txt, or whatever file they use as their config. Many plugins "just work", which is nice. I try to make my plugins require as little setup as possible.

Hope that helped a bit.

25. Offline

davvem

Wait, dosent it works whit craftbukkit 1060? D=

26. Offline

Valrix

It should.

27. Offline

McAndze

Hey! Just want to say thanks for making this plugin. We use it on our server a lot. I also implemented it into the chat-plugin we're using; DanAndChat and I plan to make it support Prefixer aswell. So also a thanks for making this plugin so incredibly easy to implement :)

28. Offline

NGTNoodles

ik its just for harder ones like admincmd and stuff like that its that i just want to do is put it in my plugins folder and then i can play my server

29. Offline

Deathfromace

He is asking as title still says 1000. I almost passed this plugin by because of that but seems I need to test it out.

30. Offline

Valrix

The only reason the thread title is out of date is because I've been too busy to properly test and make sure everything works. I never just change all my titles without testing each plugin myself to be sure they work as they should.