Inactive [CHAT] ChannelChat v0.6 beta - Dynamic, LightWeight, Simple Chat Channels [1.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by feildmaster, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

feildmaster

ChannelChat v0.6 beta
    Dynamic, Light Weight, Simple Chat Channels​

Features:
    Look at the ProjectPage.

Tag Examples (open)
    Base format: <name> message
    Channel will be "Global" to keep it simple

no tag: [Global] <name> message

tag '[g]': [g] <name> message

tag 'g': g <name> message

Using Colors:

tag '`1g': g <name> message

tag '`1[g]': [g] <name> message

tag '[`1g`f]': [g] <name> message

Using Factions:
    no tag: [faction Global] <name> message

tag '[g][{FACTION}]': [g][faction tag here] <name> message

"Secret" World Tag:
    tag: '{world}': [WorldNameHere] <name> message

afistofirony, Zynastor and CubieX like this.
  2. Offline

housemaster

I meant for separate channels, for example I don't want the tag for the general chat, so it looks a bit neater and as it's the default anyway, and people would know that the chat without a tag is the default/global one. I tried leaving the tag empty with just '' but a small space is created infront of the <name>.

Worded it badly, I wanted to change the messages to custom ones. But it looks like this is already in your planned features list.

I forgot to mention that the things I requested would be options for each separate channel in the config, so people can disable join/leave messages for the local and global channel but leave them on for custom channels, enable/disable the local "no one can hear you" and so on.

3. Offline

feildmaster

No, defaults to [<ChannelName>]

4. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Yeah, a string with whitespace. That should stop it from defaulting to <ChannelName> unless you have a check against it.

edit: Also, leaving tag as '' seems to work at the moment.

5. Offline

feildmaster

Like I said. :p

actually.
    tag: ''

MIGHT just work...

6. Offline

gobadgers77

Hello.

I have a few questions about this plugin.

For one, it seems to be conflicting with a few other pre-existing plugins in my server, notably MCMMO and ChestShop. Any confirmation that these plugins do not work well together?

Secondly, how can I disable the notifications of people leaving/joining chats? It's quite annoying when you have a lot of people online changing chat channels.

Edit - There were more conflictions than that. After having this in my server for 5 minutes, I noticed that nearly every single Essentials command was broken, username colors no longer work, and all of our plugins were ruined.

I removed ChannelChat.jar form our system but it doesn't seem to have put everything back in place..

Edit 2 - This plugin has literally broken everything we had in place.

We can no longer use Faction commands, Essentials no longer shows users online, our nicknames don't show up, MCMMO doesn't work, and Essentials group manager (our permissions plugin) is no longer working so nobody can play the damn game anymore.

I don't know what the fuck this plugin did but now all I get is a stream of errors in my console. The errors are coming so fast that I can't even copy and paste them to post here...

God damn it. Sorry if I appear rude but I am fucking pissed off and frustrated. There are literally no remnants of this plugin in our plugins folder yet everything we have is broken because of it.

7. Offline

ProjectInfinity

gobadgers77
    I don't think ChannelChat CAN do what you describe. Open up server.log and copy it's content, then paste it in pastebin.com.

8. Offline

gobadgers77

http://pastebin.com/3yB79K9u

That's everything in the console log.

Even though this plugin is no longer in our folder, it seemed to have cause a chain of errors thats still remain.

9. gobadgers77 There is no way that is possible from this plugin...Sorry.

10. Offline

gobadgers77

Right, that's fine. I won't be using this plugin anymore

I'd like to know how to fix what Channel Chat ruined, though. I don't read java so I can't tell what happened.

11. Offline

ProjectInfinity

ChannelChat didn't cause it. Remove plugin by plugin to see when it stops.

housemaster likes this.
  12. Offline

housemaster

But it creates a small space infront of the name inside the chat! :(

13. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Even if it is an empty '' ? No whitespace in there. Hmm. I guess it's a matter of take it or leave it then. :/

housemaster likes this.
  14. Offline

owenftw

How do I set up per-world channels?
    So you must be in the world to see the chat or do people have to enter/leave chats for it to work

15. Offline

feildmaster

Currently it doesn't support per-world channels.

16. Offline

owenftw

Awh okay. Well its still a great plugin :D

17. Offline

ThirdProphecy

on my server everything works except the OPs can only speak in global... theres no channel tag or anything when they do, and the times i get them to chat to the channel, it does global AND the channel. any thoughts? or questions? happens with essentials chat enabled and disabled.. when I deop, i can use the channels, but then I cant op myself again without a server restart ><

18. Offline

feildmaster

I'm not sure what is happening here. Please provide your full server log on startup.

19. Offline

ThirdProphecy

http://www.pastebucket.com/1502
    EDIT: Sorry for the spam >< I've also disabled all plugins except pex and channelchat and it still happens. also, i cant disable channelchat via myAdmin, says it could be in use but the server is off :(
    EDIT: Found pastebucket. spam has ended.​

20. Offline

Gingerninjaprsn

Something that should be added/fixed, when I do /leave, I can't talk because I'm not in a channel. If you do /leave, you should be forced back into Global or whatever is set as the default. I won't be able to use this plugin for my server until this is added. :'( Looks great, wish I could use it. Thanks!

21. Offline

ThirdProphecy

any thoughts? o.o

22. Offline

feildmaster

I don't see anything that would effect it like you're saying... I can't update ChannelChat anytime soon though, I have a lot of old plugins that aren't R5 safe yet. (Including ChannelChat... :eek:)

23. Offline

Shooty

Can't we remove this annoying "[ChannelChat] Your active channel is: General" ??

24. Offline

feildmaster

Mmm... I see everyone just loves adding new things for me to do. Yes, I can do that. Don't complain to me when your members are confused about their active channel though. :)

25. Offline

Gingerninjaprsn

Will you make the leave all channels thing optional? Would help me out a lot!
    EDIT: You could make it so that /leaveall will leave all channels, and /leave will take you to a channel set as default.

26. Offline

erikmetz

I having a little trouble configuring this thing. I have a server with two groups of users on it (my two kids and their friends) I want the first group to be assigned a chat channel (chan1) when they login so that they only chat to each other. I'd like the second group to be assigned to a second channel (chan2) when they login. How do I do this? I don't see anything in the config that tells me who is assigned to which channel? Is there a config for which users are in which channel? If I make one of the channels active, and auto_join: true, then everyone ends up in that channel.
    I'd like it if everyone were also a part of the Local channel. Sorry if I'm confused on this. I've created channels and can have the kids manually added to a channel, but some of the kids disconnect and reconnect often and I don't know how to keep them in channels.

27. Offline

ProjectInfinity

There is no way to do this in ChannelChat as of this moment (if I remember correctly). I see where this is coming from though, channels per group wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

28. Offline

feildmaster

To keep them in channels, please try setting the persist-logins option to true.

I really do intend to address this problem better at some point. ;)

29. Offline

erikmetz

Thanks so much. This certainly helps. I was having a little "novice" trouble. I edited the config.yml file and tried a /cc reload, but for some reason it reverted back to false. So I got "smarter" and this time edited the config.yml file, then stopped and started the server. It failed again I believe because the stop server wrote out the config? Maybe. This time I stopped the server, edited the config.yml and restarted the server. Now it works! My oldest son and his friends will enjoy the server more now that they can chat independently. Thanks so much.

As a side note, I was looking really hard for persist-logins and finally made the leap-of-faith that persist-relogs was the same thing. I know, I know, but sometimes you really need to be careful. Thanks for helping my kids server admin.

30. Offline

feildmaster

Not a problem, and yes, I made a spelling error (sorry about that). I added it fairly recently but I haven't looked at it much.

I'm not sure why the reload didn't load it correctly though. I will have to take a look at that!

31. Offline

convictedsaint

Does this work for 1.2.3-R02?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.