Solved Chat changing formatting for some servers, can't reproduce

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by _LB, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

_LB

For my plugin KataParty, as per this thread, I handle AsyncPlayerChatEvents with the highest (last) priority and cancel them, then send them manually with different formatting for different players. I use the existing formatting from the event and for some players add my own.

On my test server, this works fine - both with and without my plugin active, normal chat is the same - is has the formatting it should. On some server however, activation of my plugin results in the chat formatting becoming completely different - for example, instead of a colored "[Member] username: text" it's a grey "username: text" with no rank, but at the same time not vanilla MC formatting. I have done everything in my power to reproduce the issue but cannot, even with the same server version and essentials version and essentials chat version and pex version etc. and the server owners say there are no errors, warnings, or exceptions in the console logs.

Is this setting off alarm bells for anyone? Does anyone know what could potentially be causing this behavior, and what I might be missing to reproduce it? My plugin (KataParty) is open source and available on Bukkit Dev, but hopefully no one will have to go that far because it's something obvious I am missing.

2. Offline

Luke_Lax

Ask them for their essentials chat format from their essentials config?

3. Offline

_LB

The issue was a silly mistake, using Payer.getName() instead of Player.getDisplayName().

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.