Chat based on last character(s)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by klosjaarrr, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Offline

klosjaarrr

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a dynamic chat plugin to format our chat. Basically, I want a chat format based on the last character(s) of a message. Here is an example of what I want:

Klosjaarrr whispers: Hello world*
    Klosjaarrr says: Hello world
    Klosjaarrr asks: Hello world?
    Klosjaarrr shouts: Hello world!
    Klosjaarrr yells: Hello world!!

By default, the chat is local. That means each different character has a radius, and people are only able to hear what others say when they are in the radius of that person. The default radius for a whisper is 10 blocks, for normal messages and questions it is 50, for shouts it is 100 and for yelling it is 500 blocks. You can toggle local and global chat with /local and /global, in global chat the format stays the same but ignores the radius.

I hope I made myself clear, I would really appriciate someone taking this up because it is, in my opinion, a very good idea and alternative from other chat plugins. I would suggesting making a permission node being 'chat.spy' to see all messages, even if they are local and you are not near.

Chatformat should be hooking into Pex (vault?) with the following setup: <prefix> <suffix> <username> says: <message>, where 'says' is replaced with the corresponding verb.

1 More thing: I would like a permission node for every color (dynamicchat.1 etc?), someone having this color node will type in this color by default (unless he wishes to change color the normal way, with &),

2. Offline

beastman3226

This would be an interesting project. I have a few things on my plate already (private projects). If you can wait, I'll be happy to do this for you.

klosjaarrr likes this.
  3. Offline

klosjaarrr

Thanks! How long do you think you will need?

4. Offline

mineforfun

i could do it but i want to know if @bestman3226 is going to do it and i would just make it global and it would not work with prefix's

5. Offline

klosjaarrr

That is a start at least, however I also need the prefix and suffix (because we have races, for example an elf has the prefix 'Elf') and the local chat for roleplaying. Maybe others can use your code to advance it to prefixes and local chat?

6. Offline

mineforfun

i might be able to make it work with prefix but i would need close help testing (so i can make it work perfectly for you )and i will look into the local chat i dont use it a lot but like i said it depends if he wants to do it or not

7. Offline

klosjaarrr

beastman3226, you okay with that? If so, mineforfun can work on the base of the code and you can help when he get stuck on the local chat and prefix/suffix, when you have some time.

8. Offline

mineforfun

yer i think that i can make prefix but i may need help with the local chat and i am taking the day of school today so i might start some base code now you got an idea for the name ?

Due i think that this might work for you

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  9. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

10. Offline

mineforfun

yes but it dose everything she/he wants

11. Offline

klosjaarrr

It is not what I am searching for, the plugin adds a lot of different things that we don't need (races, languages, spells etc.). We are also not using Towny, but thanks anyway.

I would call it something like DynamicChat, because that is basically what it is. A first version of a global chat would be nice, then maybe others can work on your code a little bit more to include local chat and prefix/suffix. Maybe beastman3226 can work on it then when he is finished with his own projects.

12. Offline

beastman3226

klosjaarrr I can make it soon. I'm making a 3rd party configuration reader and writer. If you can find someone else that's fine. But I will do it once I'm done.

13. Offline

klosjaarrr

Okay, I'll wait for you then, let me know when you have time to start on it. Thanks in advance! And good luck with your 3nd party configuration reader and writer, sounds like a cool project to work on ;)

14. Offline

klosjaarrr

Unfortunately beastman3226 didn't manage to make this because he couldn't solve some bugs, so I still need a developer for this. Anyone willing to code this for me? Thanks!