Changing username tag colour without breaking skin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by bloodless2010, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bloodless2010

Hi! I'm looking for a workaround with this;
    Code:java
    1. player.setDisplayName(ChatColor.BLUE + player.getName());

that code currently breaks the skin, how can I make it so it doesn't break the skin? I heard you can use prefixes/suffixes of colours using scoreboards, but I have no idea how to do this, could anyone give me a hand how I can change the colour of a users username using scoreboard so they keep the skin? Thanks!
    Also, I did do a search, but the only one I found was quite confusing and I was wondering if someone could help me with it if they know the code and how I would use it, I am new to making plugins :)

2. Offline

RainoBoy97

"setDisplayName" set's the display name in the chat.

3. Offline

bloodless2010

oh my bad, I didn't realise. How do I make it so I can change the username tag of a user to add a colour using scoreboard so it keeps the skin?

anyone going to help me ? -.-

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  4. Offline

Loogeh

bloodless2010 I don't think you can do it using scoreboard. You can only do the BELOW_NAME part with scoreboard. You do have another option, though. A magical thing called TagAPI (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/tag/). TagAPI allows you to easily change a player's above head name and add colour to it. If this wasn't what you're asking for, sorry.

5. Offline

bloodless2010

Yeah, it's exactly like TagAPI what I want to do, TagAPI uses scoreboards just it's easier to use, if I can't find my own solution for it, I just don't like using API xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.