Changing name above character

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Acrobot, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Wulfspider

They can view the source code if they are afraid, but it's been confirmed by numerous people that it is no malicious, and it wouldn't have lasted nearly a year so far if it was.

Loading the client takes longer than user because of the way it overrides the class files in minecraft.jar. This allows our launcher to not have to toss the Spoutcraft files into the minecraft.jar each time an update is available. Essentially speeds up the update times a lot, but slows down the client startup time. If you are referring to starting the launcher and not the client, then there is a fix in the works for that in the form of a newer launcher.

Normally recommended builds are frequent. The only reason there wasn't a recommended build between 1.1 and 1.2.4 was because of the frequent updates by Mojang that broke more and more things that we had to fix. We've had a couple recommended builds in the past few weeks for 1.2.5 already, and 1.2.4 had at least one as well.

2. Offline

wirher

I know. I really like Spout. But me, you, and every server owner or plugin maker know that players are extremely stupid. Sad reality sometimes forces us to use easier tools with less funcionality.

kaiser_czar likes this.
  3. Offline

TomShar

plugin.changePlayerName(p, ChatColor.AQUA + p.getName());

Any reason why this wouldn't work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.