Changed to windows server, large rollbacks

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MikeA, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MikeA

Hello!

I recently switched from CentOS 6.3 to Windows Server 2012 on a new dedicated server, and ever since every time my server restarts (Remote Toolkit) the world and items rollback by about 30 minutes every time. Anyone have any clue on what is wrong?

2. Offline

Bobcat00

Is the server being shut down properly? Look in the log for the shutdown messages and see if there are any errors.

What if you do a /save-all first?

3. Offline

rguz10

Just wondering, why switch from CentOS 6 to Windows server 12?

4. Offline

MikeA

Bobcat00 rguz10

If I /save-all it is fine, but it's like the server isn't saving correctly upon shutdown, however it says it is. The reason I switched from CentOS 6 to Windows S 2012 is because I had other applications that I'd prefer to use that required Windows, plus I need a Windows server for some business related stuff so it's cheaper. I heard Java runs better on Windows anyhow, so I really wanted to test it out :p

HOWEVER, it seems to be Remote Toolkit causing the issue. When I run the server through windows shell using my edited Remote Toolkit startup command it works fine, there's no lag and it saves/stops fine without rollback. Also I noticed Remote Toolkit apparently fails it's heartbeat check, it's like it can't detect itself running? Or the RToolKit plugin is broken for 1.6.2? Not sure, but all is well without using Remote Toolkit, so I guess I'll just wait for something.

5. Offline

Bobcat00

So is this a home PC? Why bother with Remote Toolkit?

If you want to further debug the problem, I'd suggest looking in the log file after a bad Remote Toolkit-initiated shutdown. Maybe you'll see something.

6. Offline

jayfella

You are probably closing the server using the red X in the corner instead of typing /stop in the console. Happens to me all the time on my localhost test server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.