Change individual block faces?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jacob Litewski, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jacob Litewski

I was wondering if there was a way to change an individual block face to a different data value.

For instance, you have a white piece of wool (data value 0x0), and you want to change the northern block face to a black piece of wool (data value 0x15) without changing the entire block to black.

I thought this was possible at one point with hMod, but I'm not sure if it is in Bukkit (yet).

2. Offline

Plague

I don't think this ever worked even on hMOd, this is a client thing and some blocks just cannot have faces that differ.

3. Offline

Edward Hand

No. Simply not possible.

4. Offline

Plague

Yessssss, finally a thread where you don't quote me and say "Actually..." :D

5. Offline

Jacob Litewski

hahaha

Well, At least I would ask before spending countless hours trying to get it to work. and the plugin I was thinking about does the exact thing colored wool does now. I'm not sure why I thought it only affected the block face, but meh. It would be a nice feature to be able to set individual faces to different colors so you wouldn't have issues with blocks like this picture has
    [​IMG]

6. Offline

DiaAWAY

i must be blind, because i cannot see the issue :|

7. Offline

Plague

I think the pixelart is not actually 2D, but some blocks are moved farther and then there are problems with block faces.

8. Offline

Trigonous

Yeah, as cool as 3D pixel art would be, it's simply not possible except for extremely simple constructions.

9. Offline

Grum Bukkit Team Member

This is clientside and until there are ways to relay this information to which the client listens, there is no way :)

10. Offline

Jacob Litewski

[​IMG]

The red circled areas are the areas i'm talking about. it's petty, i know, but since minecraft, i've been a perfectionist. Maybe in the future (when the client gets mod support) it can be possible, but until then i'll make epic 16 and 32 bit art :D

11. Offline

DiaAWAY

Aaaahh, yes, now i see :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.