CB1000 lag on player join/leave

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by OrtwinS, Aug 3, 2011.

?

Do you expierience the same problem?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2011.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

OrtwinS

Hi,

Since I updated to CB1000 my server keeps experiencing medium to severe lag when players join or leave.
    I never had similar problems, I didn't change anything in my plugin setup (exept for updates).

There are no error messages in the logs, except for the obvious 'server cant keep up' warnings.
    When it happend yesterday I still had 300/1024 MB RAM free.

My plugins:
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    Craftbukkit 1000

Core:
    Essentials GM 2.5.6
    WorldEdit 4.6
    WorldGuard 5.2.2
    Logblock
    Logblock questioner
    bukkit contrib 	1.7
    AntiBuild 1.5.0
    Commandbook 1.5.2
    Nethrar v2.0
    Multiinv v2.3.0
    MyHome 1.9.5-p3
    MyWarp 2.0dev
    iChat 2.3.3
    worldborder 1.3.1
    superpick 0.4
    Herospawn 0.2

Roleplay:
    CraftbookCommon, Circuits, Mechanisms dev
    mcMMO 1.0.49
    Lockette 1.3.8
    localshops 3.1.1
    commandico v7
    iconomy 5.0.1 eruanna
    Roles
    Bandages 1.2.3

Extra:
    nspleef 0.4.3
    managepvp 0.5
    simplehelp 1.7
    Higherexplosions v2.0
    VanishNoPickup 1.9.12

NoCheatPlugin 1.11b
    HeroicDeath 1.8.2
    Simple AFK 0.8
    Vanilla

Does anyone have a clue what could cause this?

More info aboutthe server:
    Hosted by XenonServers
    unlimited bandwidth and storage
    Windows Server 2008
    some 8-core processor (unknown type & speed, but I only get slight lag with terrain generation when I fly at top speed in a new map, normal walking speed generation has never lagged the server)

2. Offline

Pr0Failure

First of all. You have crap RAM for hosting a server. 1GB of I could barely play an MMO with that let alone hold a server. running the server usually uses 160-300mb of RAM by itself and playing Minecraft usually takes up another 350-400mb of RAM. Basically your computer doesn't have the amount of RAM to hold a server w/out lag.

3. Offline

Coelho

Think about what your talking about before you speak. Only speak if you know what your talking about.

ontopic:
    I've seen in the past this problem has happened quite alot. What are the specifications of the server your running it on? (processor, internet speed, harddrive, datacenter?), and if you are playing on the same computer. If you can, try running it without any plugins and then post a performance report.

4. Offline

Pr0Failure

Having enough RAM does matter lmfao. My old PC only had 1gb of ram and could barely run Minecraft and Winamp at the same time with a 10mb/10mb interwebzz speedzzz s1r.

5. Offline

Coelho

You obviously do not know how a computer works, stop talking before you embarrass yourself. Your internet speed is absolutely pathetic for running a server, and did the OP ever say he was running his client on the same computer as his server? Jesus.

6. Offline

Pr0Failure

Sowwie dawg.

7. Offline

Vaupell

Experience the same, and i got my server hostet at a suposedly proff host multiplay.co.uk
    And got even less ram :p 800mb idk what server cept it is a linux of sorts and have alot of proccessors.
    But i noticed they ewen sell minecraft servers with as little as 200mb ram for 2 player running bukkit.
    No idea how that is possible.

But back on topic and yes i have noticed a considerble ammount of lag when players join/leave

8. Offline

Simanova

Its caused by CPU usage = 100%

After upgrading my hardware (cpu) the issue was gone
    CPU now never reaches 100% on 1 core when a player joins.

9. Offline

OrtwinS

LOL, like anyone a tad serious with hosting would host a server his/hers own PC....
    I'm not claiming to be a pro, but when I do something I try to exceed that level.

I updated my first post with some additional info.

Actually, running a server on my PC would run probably better, but I need the thing myself for some heavy physics simulation (MatLAB & Comsol).
    quadcore 2GHz i7 (sandybridge), 6GB DDR3, internet with 6Mb up an 40 Mb down..

10. Offline

Coelho

Try using a unix operating system, like CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSolaris, or etc.

11. Offline

OrtwinS

I wish I could, but its not my server, I pay a company to host my server.

I want to offer my users a stable 24/7 server, with the guarantee that there is no connection lag on the server side.

But guys, the bottom line is, this server has ran for months without trouble (unless induced by configuration/plugin errors by me). And now suddenly it starts to lag when people join/quit, is this something in CB1000?

12. Offline

Coelho

Any datacenter that dosen't offer UNIX operating systems, well... I don't know what to say.

13. Offline

JerriCop

This seems really on topic... I'm sure it's caused by something with your physical server, not bukkit.
    Contact your hosting company and I'm sure they'll be nice enough to tell you if their undergoing some maintenance or something, because nobody else seems to be experiencing this.

14. Offline

OrtwinS

Yea, that was exactly what I was trying to find out.
    Maintenance is not taking 48 hours...

Its not a data center, its a game server hosting company, I bet its easier configuration for them.
    I do essentially agree with you, 90% of the interwebs is hosted on Unix/Linux for a reason.
    The first time I used the command /debug info command and saw that it was running WinServer I was suprised as well.

Thank you all for your replies, I will see what my host says about these cpu spikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.